Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

moxf sound confusion on Cubase 8 Artist?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Dionysis
Topic starter

Opening a moxf vst project on Cubase 8 Artist, the sound I select for the first channel is heard together the other channels. Say I select a drum sound for channel 1 and a piano sound for channel two. Being on channel two, when I play I will also hear the drum sound from channel 1 (like playing two instruments together). Recording and playing back with channel 2 works fine, i.e. the first channel is only heard together with the second, but not recorded. If I choose a guitar sound for channel 3, I will also hear the drum sound from channel 1. Muting channel 1 solves the problem. But it's a rather stupid solution, since it doesn't help me understand what is going wrong. Ideas?

Posted : 01/05/2016 8:34 pm
Bad Mister

We assume, (as you don't say) you are recording MIDI data. In a situation where you are recording MIDI data from the MOXF to a DAW like Cubase, you will be in either SONG MIXING or PATTERN MIXING mode so you can have multiple PART simultaneously, and use them on different MIDI channels.

You should set LOCAL CONTROL = OFF this prevents the KEYBED from triggering the Tone Generator directly, and you use the MIDI Track in Cubase to determine which of the PARTs is sounding by setting the MIDI CH on the Track Inspector in Cubase.

In general, you should use the QUICK SETUP template called "REC ON DAW" you can get there by holding the [QUICK SETUP] + [A/1] button - it will say "Rec On DAW applied" - this will make all of the appropriate MIDI settings within your MOXF for recording MIDI data to a DAW, including setting Local Control to OFF. Please remember when you disconnect from the computer to select [QUICK SETUP] + [D/4] = STANDALONE

Posted : 02/05/2016 12:08 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us