Notifications
Clear all

MOXF with Cantabile

9 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi there,

I need some helpful advice for using my MOXF with Cantabile (Performer, Version 2 or 3) in a live setup. For example - with MOXF "local-off": how can I use the loopback-function (or something else) to play, control, trigger and change the internal sounds of the MOXF in different MOXF-Song-MIDI-Chanels via Cantabile?
In other words: with MOXF local-off I want to adress different Racks in Cantabile depending on the track and MIDI-Chanel or split zone I use in the MOXF.
I hope my English is not too bad ....
Thank you for your friendly answer and kind regards from Cologne
Christoph

Posted : 04/05/2016 9:22 am
Bad Mister

Your English is fine. But unfortunately, your question is about how to use your software, Cantabile.
If LOCAL CONTROL is OFF on your MOXF, then you must select a MIDI Track assigned to OUTPUT data back to the MOXF via the Yamaha Steinberg USB driver. Please contact the makers of your software or consult their documentation on how to setup your MIDI Driver. IN most DAW software, the selected (active) MIDI track is responsible for routing your key presses and controller movements back to the synth or on to whatever device you want to trigger.

Posted : 04/05/2016 1:23 pm
Topic starter

Hello Bad Mister,
thank you for your advice. One more question: is it possible to use the MOXF-Editor with Cantabile or other 3rd party programs or is it Cubase-bounded? Which .dll represents the editor?
Regards from Cologne
Chritoph

Posted : 10/05/2016 11:59 am
Bad Mister

The Yamaha Editor can be used in conjunction with any DAW. If your DAW is VST3 compatible (like Cubase), you can run it inside the DAW. But if your DAW is not VST3 compatible, simply run it as a standalone application along side your DAW.

The difference bring in how the files are saved. When running as a standalone application you must save your synth setup separately from the DAW File.

Posted : 10/05/2016 1:15 pm
Topic starter

thank you very much but... sorry for insisting: which .dll represents the VST?

Posted : 10/05/2016 1:53 pm
Bad Mister

Sorry, for not knowing.

Posted : 10/05/2016 2:34 pm
Topic starter

However - thank you very much for your kind support.
There's one more question which is not 'big enough' for opening a new thread: to set the MOXF local off it needs at least 5 steps (Utility-MIDI-Switch-Cursor-local off). Isn't there any shortcut?
Kind regards
Christoph

Posted : 13/05/2016 6:25 am
Bad Mister

Yes there is!
Find the button labeled (appropriately) [QUICK SETUP]
You can see how it is linked to the first six buttons by a series of dots silk screened on the front panel.
Touching [QUICK SETUP] + [A/1] makes all the settings for recording on a DAW. (local control off) screen will indicate DAW REC

Touching [QUICK SETUP] + [D/4] returns your MOXF to stand alone mode. (Local control on) screen will indicate STAND ALONE

Posted : 13/05/2016 7:07 am
Topic starter

Thank you very much, Bad Mister Master! 🙂

Posted : 13/05/2016 11:43 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us