Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

MOXF8 to Macbook Pro via USB/Midi Interface help

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I wondered if anyone could help me. I'm trying to connect my MOXF8 to a Macbook Pro (OS X El Capitan 10.11.6) laptop. I'm not even trying to use a DAW at this point. I don't have any external speakers and simply want to connect to the laptop so that if anyone else wants to hear what I'm playing, they can. I have downloaded the Yamaha Steinberg USB driver V1.9.10. Under the audio midi setup on the laptop, I can see the moxf8. I change the MOXF8 to "use this device for sound input" and keep the built-in output of the computer as is. I've gone to utilities on the moxf8 and made sure that the midi/usb output is set to usb. Can't get anything. Tried rebooting in various order. When I bring up MIDI studio on the MAC, the MOXf8 is there. If I click "Test setup" and touch a key it makes a binging sound through the laptop but can't get anything more than that. Not trying to do anything fancy. What am I missing? Basically just trying to use my laptop as a speaker.

Posted : 05/02/2017 8:55 pm
Bad Mister

I wondered if anyone could help me. I'm trying to connect my MOXF8 to a Macbook Pro (OS X El Capitan 10.11.6) laptop. I'm not even trying to use a DAW at this point. I don't have any external speakers and simply want to connect to the laptop so that if anyone else wants to hear what I'm playing, they can.

You computer is only a music device when you use software like a DAW. Connecting your MOXF to your computer will not allow others to hear your MOXF. Speakers will.

I think your goal is misplaced and your understanding of how this works is incomplete. You need to install a DAW, like Cubase that cam with your MOXF, and you need either headphones or a sound system you can connect to the audio Outputs of the MOXF.

Posted : 05/02/2017 9:28 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us