Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

MOXF8 USB 3/4 no longer received by DAW (Logic). MIDI still working.

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Mark
Topic starter

Suddenly today while trying to record native MOXF8 sounds in Logic, I am getting no USB audio output from my MOXF. I can send MIDI to and fro without issue so I am 100% sure that the cable is working. But that's it. When I try to get any audio I get nothing! Has anyone encountered anything like this? Please, note the following:

- I have checked and USB I/O is correctly set to 2StereoRec
- USB Audio Output Channel is set to 4CH
- A/D In&Part is ON and Part is ON
- SETUP is Standalone
- DAW is Logic
- I have done a factory reset on the MOXF
- I have rebooted the computer, the keyboard
- I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Steinberg driver
I have had no problems with this in the past at all. In fact, existing projects that have had no changes made to the configuration that used to work, no longer do. Thanks!

Posted : 09/02/2020 3:58 am
Bad Mister

Unlikely it is a change in either the MOXF or Logic, I’d look into the most recent Macintosh OS update.

Checklist Questions:
What version are you running?
How recently did you update your Mac OS?
Also what version of the Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver are you currently running?
(There is no such thing as a “Steinberg Driver”, the driver is called the “Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver”... just to be clear)

Under System Preferences > find Sound > make sure your MOXF is listed as a potential sound device. Mac operating system changes can change fundamental settings. Make sure your computer is set to use external audio. You may have been asked during the update about your audio preferences (many change the fundamental audio settings unknowingly). Let us know.

Posted : 09/02/2020 5:19 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us