Notifications
Clear all

New to MOXF6. How to use flash board

7 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Paul
Topic starter

I've installed the 1 gig FL1024 M flashboard in my MOXF6 and downloaded inspirations in a flash to a usb thumbdrive. It is an .X3A file. Does this need to be converted to an .X6A file?
2. Will this overwrite the user bank files currently in the MOXF6?
3. Is there a place to get 'inspirations' as three files (three banks) rather than the all file I appear to have?
Thank you for your help.

Posted : 03/09/2021 3:01 pm
Bad Mister

It is an .X3A file. Does this need to be converted to an .X6A file?

No, not necessarily, although a MOXF version of the data exists
You can download the MOXF version of the data here:
Link — Official Yamaha MOXF Download Page

2. Will this overwrite the user bank files currently in the MOXF6?

Yes. If you load an ALL data file (.X6A) it will overwrite the “placeholder” data currently in your User Bank. A new MOXF has no unique data in the User Bank, they are all repeats of the Presets. And if you do have customized data in the User Bank, simply SAVE it to a USB stick.

3. Is there a place to get 'inspirations' as three files (three banks) rather than the all file I appear to have?

You can load Bank 1, Bank 2, or Bank 3 separately.

Set the LOAD TYPE = 1 Bank Voice
And just load the Bank you wish to Load.
There are separate data files for each Bank…

All the Details
Link — Loading Motif XF “Inspiration in a Flash” Library to the MOXF

Posted : 03/09/2021 3:43 pm
 Paul
Topic starter

Thank you!

Posted : 03/09/2021 4:54 pm
 Paul
Topic starter

Bad Mister, I used the link you supplied for the download, and got the .X6A file, and extracted it to the USB stick. Putting the stick in the MOXF6
and using the file panel button still only gives me the choice of 'LOAD', not 'LOAD TYPE' so that I could select a bank. This was the same with the .X3A file.
I don't have any choices like these-

_ "INSPIR~1.X3A" = Ethnic and world instruments
_ "INSPIR~2.X3A" = Pianos, bread & butter
_ "INSPIR~3.X3A" = Organs and vintage keys
These are the file names as seen in the screen of your MOXF.

1.When I select 'LOAD' it begins loading all voice/wave data to the flash board. Afterwards, when I make a selection in one of the user banks, there are some programs
that are duplicates of what was already in as a preset, and the rest are not organized as above. Thank you again for your help. I must be missing something.
2.When the wave forms have been saved to the flash board, like the inspirations, CP!, twisted tools, do I work just with the flash board to load the user banks, or do I again have to do some sort of load from the stick drive?

Posted : 03/09/2021 8:49 pm
Bad Mister

Press [FILE]
Press [F3] LOAD
Set the File “TYPE” = 1 BANK VOICE
Highlight the File
Mark the box "[x] With Sample"
Then highlight the File, it will open… select the Bank and set the target

PLEASE see the article in the above post…it takes you through the process.

Posted : 03/09/2021 9:15 pm
 Paul
Topic starter

Bad Mister,thank you for your patience. I understand, and thank you for the links.
What would have helped me earlier, is if the 'data wheel' was included in the instructions, as to how to implement change
in the selection process of file ie;'use the data wheel to change...'
I'll be back with more questions I'm sure.
Again, thank you.
Paul

Posted : 04/09/2021 12:29 pm
Bad Mister

Sorry, it is assumed that the Basic Operations for navigation as outlined in the beginning of the Owner’s Manual will have introduced you to getting around. Highly Recommended reading: “Setting Up”, “Basic Operations”, and “Quick Guide”

Posted : 04/09/2021 10:40 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us