Notifications
Clear all

no preloaded patterns?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Total beginner here.

There seem to be only two preloaded patterns on my MOXF8? Should there be more? I went to pattern and then rotated the dial and only slots one and two have data in them. The manual seems to indicate there are a lot more. What do I do? Is it possible to have somehow accidentally deleted them? Are they stored somewhere else? I'd like to be able to play with the preexisting patterns if they are supposed to be there.

Thanks

Posted : 08/05/2020 5:15 pm
Bad Mister

There are several Factory Demos that are in the Pattern and Song sequencer as examples... these are in User memory and can be cleared or overwritten. Their purpose is to demonstrate how the Sequencer Modes can be used. See page 19 (Playing the Demo Songs) and Page 47 (Playing the Demo Patterns) in the Owner’s Manual.

If you have erased these you can restore them by executing a Factory reset. See page 20
_ NOTICE _
When the factory settings are restored, all the Voice, Performance, Song, Pattern, and system settings in the Utility mode you created will be erased. Make sure you are not overwriting any important data. Be sure to save all important data to your USB flash memory device before executing this procedure (page 60).

Perhaps you are talking about the Arpeggio Phrases. There are 7,981 of them. See page 27 to learn about the Arpeggios...
Also more details in the MOXF Reference Manual and Data List PDFs.

Posted : 09/05/2020 6:54 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us