Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Parameters control on each tracks problem in MOFX Ext VST (Cubase 10 Elements, latests MOXF VST, Remote Editor and USB driver)

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 The
Topic starter

The problem is, that I can't properly control parameters (by knobs on MOXF) in each other track:
- (with "Remote" mode in MOXF Remote Editor) when I'm on track 1, I'm moving knob for example with Cutoff into 10 points forward and it works but when I'll switch to track 2, I'm moving knob with Cutoff into 10 points forward too and it didn't work, then I'm switching back to track 1 and Cutoff is moved on 20 points... Conclusion? I'm on track 2, 3, ... and still controling Cutoff (and other parameters) from track 1... even on MOXF display I still see "Cutoff 1" on other tracks
- (with "CC" mode in MOXF Remote Editor) when I'm on track 1, I'm moving knob with the Cutoff into 10 points forward and it works but when I'll switch to track 2, I'm moving knob with Cutoff into 10 points forward too and it rapidly starts from (last set on track 1 ??) 10 value instead from 0 and goes to 20, then I'm switching back to track 1 (where I set the knob on value 10), moving knob backwards and start going not from value 10 but from (last set on track 2 ??) 20 (rapidly switching from 10 to 20 on VST window)... Conclusion? I'm on the each other next track and controllig Cutoff (and other parameters) from the "last" position left on previous track... (on the MOXF display there is "Cutoff" without any number)

How can I set up this all stuff to control parameters with independent values for each track with switching between them??

I "juggled" all the settings in Cubase, VST, MOXF, Remote Editor and didn't find the goal, I guess I missed something and will be very thankfull for the resolution.

Posted : 27/05/2019 6:39 pm
Bad Mister

Conclusion... you have something setup incorrectly.

Let’s start with verifying the MIDI setup.
Go to STUDIO > STUDIO SETUP... > MIDI > MIDI Port Setup > In the column marked “In ‘All MIDI Inputs’” a mark should appear by “Yamaha MOXF-1 Port 1”. And next to “Yamaha MOXF-3 Port 3” if you are using the 5-pin MIDI jack of the MOXF for an external device.
No mark should appear next to any of the other MOXF Ports here.

On the left side move from the MIDI Folder to the “Remote Devices” Folder — make sure MOXF Port 2 is selected as both MIDI In and Out.

It is USB Port 5 that is used by the Remote Editor... so how you have Port 1 info getting in with Port 5...

Extra Credit: Remote Editor
Additional reading, setup, screenshots, etc links to posts on Remote Editor Setup, etc.
MOXF Cubase

Posted : 27/05/2019 8:12 pm
 The
Topic starter

OK, let's check it out.

MIDI Port Setup - mps.jpg
Remote Devices section is:
Generic Remote - gr.jpg
Mackie HUI - mh.jpg
Track Quick Controls - tqc.jpg
VST Quick Controls - vqc.jpg
Yamaha MOXF6/MOXF8 - ym.jpg

I have connected MOXF via USB to PC and how I can check that info got by Port 1 with Port 5 ? (that You recalled)

Attached files

Posted : 28/05/2019 6:54 pm
Bad Mister

MIDI Port Setup - mps.jpg — I’m not sure what “Launch Control XL” is but by marking it as an Input device you are allowing it to enter data to the active Cubase MIDI Track. Typically, only Keyboards, drum pads, and other controllers that generate Note-On data are marked in the “In ‘All Midi Inputs’”column.

Remote Devices section is:
Generic Remote - gr.jpg — incorrect, please remove the MOXF-2 from here
Mackie HUI - mh.jpg — incorrect, please remove the MOXF-2 from here
Track Quick Controls - tqc.jpg — incorrect, please remove the MOXF-2 from here
VST Quick Controls - vqc.jpg — incorrect, please remove the MOXF-2 from here
Yamaha MOXF6/MOXF8 - ym.jpg — Correct!

I have connected MOXF via USB to PC and how I can check that info got by Port 1 with Port 5 ? (that You recalled)

When you launch the MOXF6/MOXF8 Remote Editor > go to File > Setup > the MIDI Port should be set to the “Yamaha MOXF6/MOXF8” — It will automatically communicate on Port 5 as long as you select the MOXF.

Posted : 28/05/2019 8:19 pm
 The
Topic starter

Launch Control XL is my additional midi controller with faders and knobs to control mix console and effects bus in Cubase, I ensured that mark on “In ‘All Midi Inputs’” is no needed so I unchecked it and the controller still works fine (completely). So I redefine setup in Cubase with Your instructions ("1st.jpg" and "2nd.jpg") and unfortunately there is the exactly the same symptom, as You see on first screenshot, MOXF Remote Editor shows proper MIDI Port. The problem must be somewhere else and I can't aim where...

I noticed one thing (but it shouldn't have any matter...), on the first MIDI track (also first track in MOXF VST) with MIDI channel nr 1, the output in Cubase is set as "MOXF6/MOXF8 VST" and on the another MIDI tracks (appropriately another tracks in MOXF VST) with next MIDI channels (2, 3, ...) the output is "01. 01 - Midi In" <- I marked it with green and red colors in "ins.jpg" screenshot, shouldn't be there some "incrementations" of numbers? (and Remote Editor has some problem with track identification...) - maybe I'm theorizing here too much...

Attached files

Posted : 29/05/2019 5:36 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us