Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Setting USB Output Volume using MOXF8 Editor

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I'm using Yamaha's MOXF8 Editor software to manipulate my MOXF8. In SONG mode I can set the usb output volume for a particular track in the editor and it adjusts the volume on the keyboard for that track just fine. However once I move to another song the usb output volume for the song I just edited goes back to what it originally was, even though I initiated both "Store Mixing" and "Store Global" before moving to the next song ?

Posted : 25/05/2016 5:38 pm
Bad Mister

There are several things can affect the Volume. Basically, when you STORE your MIXING this will update the value that was used to create the Part originally. When you then restore this SONG, before you press Play, check to see if the value you stored is not there. It most likely is, and as soon as you press PLAY the volume changes. If this is the case then there is a message in the Track data that is reprogramming the Volume of the Channel. You can drop into EDIT and look for CC007 which is the VOLUME setting. Values in the track data override (due to when they occur) what you stored.

If you recall the SONG and the stored value is NOT there, then we have a bigger mystery... let us know.

Posted : 25/05/2016 6:38 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us