Notifications
Clear all

Some questions

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Paul
Topic starter

I was supposed to create this synth loop in A Major version of this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Lzdp8pDlL8

Now, I figured that I have to use some sort of Pattern, and the effect is probably phaser (I am new to Synth, so it took me a while to figure that out.) Problem is, because I am new, I have no idea what some of the parameters are. One of them is supposedly called "Manual" in Phaser.

Now, I read the definition of 'Manual' parameter at Synth Parameter Manual, and it said: "this parameter determines the offset value of the phase modulation." However, I have hard time understanding what that means. I know it may sound trivial, but could someone help me understand?

Also, what would be the "Game Plan" of creating this loop? Would you guys use Pattern Mode or Song Mode? Or would you guys just recreate this thing as Arpeggiator and just press the key?

Thank you guys very much in advance.

Posted : 05/10/2016 6:31 pm
Bad Mister

If by game plan you are asking, how you should proceed, it really comes down to how you wish to use and VCONTROL this data. But whether you decide to play it back form the sequencer or control it via an arpeggio, you will need to start by recording MIDI data to the MOXF sequencer.

It is unclear from your post exactly what you are supposed to recreate. And you don't mention how many measures you are going to use.

Song you can record as long as desire - in this linear format.
Pattern you can set a specific number of measures - which will cycle in a looping fashion.

Even if you decide to transfer the Dara to arpeggios, you'll still need to start by recording MIDI data to the sequencer.

Posted : 06/10/2016 3:29 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us