Clear all

Unable to save an "all" file to USB

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Dear Senior Members,
I need an urgent help! I am describing my problem here below:

I am using MOXF6 and a USB Stick (Make: Sandisk 8 gb) which has been hooked for quite a long time. I used to save my keyboard settings as an "All" file. But until recently, yesterday onwards! to be exact, MY MOXF6 IS FREEZING WHILE SAVING AN "all" FILE. I tried to hook up another USB stick (duly formatted on MOXF6) and the problem still persists. While turning the MOXF6 on, the screen shows "USB DEVICE CONNECTING". And while I go to file menu also, the USB is shown as recognised.

Can anyone tell me the reason behind this strange problem?

Also I can't afford a factory reset right now as I got some songs already sequenced for a gig. Kindly let me know if there is any way to back up my all file using a PC. I am also using a complete pack from John Melas.

Posted : 19/01/2017 5:07 am
Bad Mister

You say the stick is recognized, but stop short of saying what it reports. Usually it will tell you the size and how much data is used...

Posted : 29/01/2017 2:24 am
Topic starter

Bad Mister wrote:

You say the stick is recognized, but stop short of saying what it reports. Usually it will tell you the size and how much data is used...

Dear Bad Mister,
Thanks for your reply!
I am sorry for not mentioning that my MOXF6 is showing how much data is used. While doing an "ALL FILE SAVE" operation, it just shows "now saving" and I waited for 10-15 minutes and the same message is shown on screen. Then I pressed exit button. Again it is not completing the task or command given. However I tried to do a save all file operation again and waited for one full day only to see the same message and that's why I mentioned that the MOXF6 is freezing.
However after turning off the power and turning on several times, I found that the save operation was successful.
I am surprised by this strange behaviour of the board. It maybe noted that I am saving the file WITHOUT SAMPLE/ WAVEFORM data.
Usually such an operation took less than 3 minutes.
Anyway right now I am having no issues in saving files to USB. However this issue maybe noted for future reference and a solution or reason could be found out by R& D team of Yamaha.

Posted : 31/01/2017 8:06 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us