Notifications
Clear all

Using Cubase AI as editor for MOXF

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I have been trying, literally for hours, to download and install my free version of Cubase AI to use it as an editor for MOXF functionality. I have to say, this has been the most frustrating experience with software I can remember. There's an access code that came on a piece of paper with my keyboard. Then there is an activation code that you get after downloading and installing the software. Then I got to the place where I enter the activation code and the whole thing aborts because it says it cannot find some kind of USB dongle plugged in. There's also this eLIcenser Control Center that pops up and cannot be satisfied. Maddening.

If anyone knows how to download and install a working copy of Cubase successfully I would be greatly in your debt! Could you please post step-by-step instructions? The Steinberg website has lots of information but it is confusing and circuitous. I just need a step 1, step 2, step 3 solution here. I don't want the USB dongle, I just want to download it to my laptop, not share it, and be done with it. PLEASE HELP!

Posted : 21/03/2020 11:02 am
Bad Mister

Follow this video... he steps through every step in real time! Please, don’t forget to create your MySteinberg Account!

https://youtu.be/5XNY8rK841c

While there is such a thing as a USB key for licenses, you want to pay attention for the eLicence which will permanently activate Cubase AI without the hardware Key (dongle) — and once you are registered, your MySteinberg Account keeps your information allowing you to move the license if you change computers or your computer crashes, etc.

Just FYI, the “Yamaha MOXF6/MOXF8 Editor Stand-alone/VST” can run with, or without, Cubase...as the name implies.

Posted : 21/03/2020 11:54 am
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thank you. I'm going to try the stand alone editor. Much appreciated.

Posted : 21/03/2020 12:50 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us