Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Where can I download the Cubase AI (or is it called Cubase Elements now)?

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
27 K Views
 Joe
Topic starter

Just bought the MOXF8 (I understand it's been out for years) and the manual still directs me to www.steinberg.net/getcubaseai but it is an invalid link. should I download the Cubase Elements instead? Will the serial number included with the keyboard still work with the Elements?

thanks!

Posted : 31/05/2015 2:08 pm
Bad Mister

Welcome to Yamaha Synth!
That link is not dead (at least here, USA) where are you? It even works from your post above! Follow the instructions and create a MySteinberg Account (this is the first step in the process).

Cubase AI8 is the current downloadable version. AI stands for Advanced Integration and means Yamaha had Steinberg put together a special version of the entry level software (for free giveaway) with all appropriate Yamaha purchases. This version includes special features not found in the other entry level programs; If you purchase a non-Yamaha product you may receive a license for Cubase LE (stands for Light Edition) but it does not include the ability to use the special Yamaha extensions to the program that recognize your Yamaha purchase... These include advanced audio routing capability (VST routing capability, Freeze, Export Audio Mixdown, etc.), integration of the exact port names, automatic remote configuration, etc.

Cubase Elements and LE do not have these advanced integration functions (these advanced functions are typically only found in the commercial sold versions of Cubase). When you execute the download it will include 3 Cubase programs: Cubase AI, Cubase Elements, Cubase LE, select "Cubase AI8" as the program you want to install and use with your Yamaha MOXF8.

Will the serial number included with the keyboard still work with the Elements?

if you are referring to the ACCESS CODE, it allows you to download CUBASE actually all three programs are included in the single download. Select CUBASE AI for use with your Yamaha purchase (or you will wonder why things are not working out as you might expect)... Cubase AI is specially designed for your Yamaha purchase. None of the other (free) entry level programs contain these special features.

Where do you live that the link you posted is not working? Try again.
Let us know.

Posted : 31/05/2015 3:00 pm
 Joe
Topic starter

Thanks, the link now works.

Posted : 01/06/2015 3:34 am
 Mike

I am downloaded from their website. I'm trying to get the Microsoft version of Cubase 8 AI. the download link starts with a zip file download been stopped after 2 seconds with 0 kB download. I've tried different browsers on different systems at different locations. Very very frustrating. their support is very slow. I have not heard from them on what I needed you to download the Windows version of Cubase 8 AI. is there another site. the download access code seems to work. They send me their activation codes. What am I supposed to do?

I was able to download the Mac version.
I was able to download the Windows version update.

There's something wrong with the link to download Cubase 8 AI.

Posted : 04/11/2015 9:24 pm
Bad Mister

Welcome to Yamaha Synth, Mike.

In the box with your MOXF is a "STOP Don't Throw Away" card with your Cubase AI DOWNLOAD INFORMATION... which thanks you for purchasing the Yamaha hardware product and entitles you to a free download... Cubase AI is a specially prepared entry level version of the Cubase DAW software with special Advanced Integration (AI) features for Yamaha hardware. The card directs you to a website where you'll find the Cubase AI download - it also provides you with the 25-character DOWNLOAD ACCESS CODE, that you will need during the process.

You will need a computer with Internet access.
The following video shows in detail the process of downloading and installing Cubase - it will be the same for your MOXF...

https://youtu.be/5XNY8rK841c

If you are having problems with the download, please contact Steinberg directly through your MySteinberg Account (Email).

Posted : 04/11/2015 11:55 pm
 jay

I bought a montage second hand , they did not have the CD for Cubase AI ...
what can I do ... as I need activation code.. cheers J

Posted : 02/05/2019 2:05 am
Bad Mister

The access code to the free copy of Cubase AI (it’s a download, not a CD or DVD) is given to the original purchaser of the product. There is a piece of paper/card in with the Owner’s Manual that includes the code and the url to download a copy of Cubase AI... You then can install it on your Mac or Windows PC... Where you must register by email. You will then receive the Activation Code, that entitles the original purchaser to a license to run the program.

Ask the person you purchased it from for the Cubase AI ACCESS CODE card... if they already registered the software... you must then contact your regional Yamaha distributor (listed in the very back of your Manual)... there is no guarantee, but you can ask if they have a copy...as mentioned the original purchaser is due a Cubase license, so it is really up to the regional office (and whether or not they have access to additional promotional licenses).

Good luck! It’s worth the effort.

Posted : 02/05/2019 11:49 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us