Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver V1.9.2 -- Does it Solve the Issue with Cubase Pro 8?

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
John
 John
Topic starter

Hi, friends!

I just happened to notice that a new driver was released earlier this month:

Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver V1.9.2 for Windows

Not much in the release notes other than:

- Now supports Yamaha AG Series.
- Solved some minor problems.

I was just wondering if some of those "minor problems" included the incompatibility issue with Cubase Pro 8?

Thanks!

Posted : 15/02/2015 11:53 pm
John
 John
Topic starter

Well, I guess the answer is "no". I got a chance to give it a whirl, and still no joy.

Back to being patient.

Posted : 16/02/2015 4:47 am
Bad Mister

Your continued patience is appreciated.

The Driver, from time to time, is updated to add new products, in this case the AG03 and AG06 computer mixing solutions that also will also use the Yamaha Steinberg USB Audio driver. The "minor problem" fixes might not even concern your synth.

The issue Cubase Pro 8 is having is not with the driver at all... (And is not a "minor problem"). But appears to be with the Extensions that "teach" Cubase what to do with a Yamaha synthesizer, if I had to venture a guess.

In the meantime, setup your synth using the EXTERNAL INSTRUMENT PLUGIN setup outlined in "Bad Mister's Blog" here on Yamaha Synth.

Posted : 17/02/2015 1:02 pm
 Dean

Is this fixed yet?

Posted : 22/03/2015 1:11 am
Bad Mister

Yes. The problem was fixed with the release of Cubase Pro 8 version 8.0.10 _ Apparently it was not the Yamaha Editor nor the Extensions. Simply go to Steinberg.net and download version 8.0.10 released March 12, 2015

Posted : 22/03/2015 3:58 am
 Dean

Thanks. I was waiting for a fix before I upgraded.

Posted : 22/03/2015 4:20 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us