Notifications
Clear all

88 key version?

2 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Vincent
Topic starter

Is there anyone out there that would like to see an 88 key MX? Or am I alone on this? Just wanted to get a feel for this.

Posted : 19/03/2016 3:55 pm
Vincent
Topic starter

OK, since no one felt the need to even discuss this, here is the reason I asked. Casio-Privia has the PX-5s selling for $999, Roland has the DS-88 selling for $999, and Korg has the Kross-88 selling for $999. Yamaha does not have a $999 Synth/Stage Piano in this class. I know the MM8 is out there for around this price or a bit lower. But way behind the times, a good keyboard none the less, but too big and heavy to carry around. An 88 key MX would be great for many, many players who do not need a full blown workstation. It would be light weight, using the format of the MX-49 and MX-61. And would blow those other two keyboards off the map. Yamaha would not be able to make them fast enough. I'm sure Yamaha must have at least given this a thought at one point or another. It's not that this would need a major engineering feat. A larger case some weighted keys and off we go. Thanks for listening. 🙂

Posted : 10/04/2016 5:25 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us