Notifications
Clear all

A Few Question About MX Sounds

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

1st Question:
I'm just getting started with my MX61V2 which means I still have a lot to learn about it. I'm really wanting to find and neatly add as many quality sounds to my MX as possible, though my understanding is you can't change your factory sounds, only add new sounds as User sounds, etc. which is fine.

One thing that has been frustrating for me though is I see various content, updates and soundsets/voices/patches, etc that are listed for the Yamaha MX61 but there is rarely a mention if that content is for V1 or V2, or if V2 already has whatever I'm looking at.

Are any of these included in MX61V2? If so which ones?
B.O.M.B 1
B.O.M.B 2
The Bomba Latina
MX Performance Kit
MX Live Instruments
MX Vintage Synths

2nd Question:
Something I read stated that "John Melas offers tools and editors for all current YAMAHA Synthesizers. His software allows not only sound edit and library/sample management but also converting between different formats. The latest highlight of John Melas is theTotal Librarian for MX49 / MX61,which allows converting User Voices from MOTIF to MX-series."

Does this mean I can download MOTIF soundbanks, etc and convert them to MX??? (Please say yes... please say yes...)

3rd Question:
Also, I don't know where my serial number is for the YC-3B VST, is there a way I can get that anyway if I can show proof of purchase? If so how?

Thank you! 🙂

Posted : 27/12/2020 12:50 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

V2 isn't going to include different sounds from those expansions. There's no reason to specify V1 vs V2 because they are both the same with respect to the content you're referencing.

Differences between V1 and V2 are fairly minimal. I think USB class compliance is one V2 difference (including ability for V2 to unlock certain apps like FM Essential iOS). Color choice is another difference. Addition of the 88 key version is another difference. I believe just about everything else is identical from the outside user perspective.

Posted : 27/12/2020 2:20 am
Topic starter

One difference between V1 and 2 that I noticed was the system update is already on V2 even though it does not match the info provided by Yamaha. Boot:1.01 Firm: 1.00 is what is showing on V2 but I can already do this:

"Added a "Performance Direct Select" function in which you can switch the Performance number directly by pressing the [SHIFT] button and the Voice Category button simultaneously in the Performance Select display. While this function is enabled, you can change the performance number simply by pressing the Voice Category button, without needing to press the [SHIFT] button."

https://usa.yamaha.com/support/updates/60810_en.html

Posted : 30/12/2020 11:18 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us