Notifications
Clear all

Foot Controller programming

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi!

I am starting to get to grips with my MX61. I absolutely love it! I have created a number of performances, and just started venturing out into John Melas territory, and it is astounding what this has enabled me to find within the keyboard!

I have a problem, in that one of the songs I play requires a layered brass and strings sound. I have set one up, but want a mainly strings sound, but with brass cutting through at certain points in the song, and though the obvious route is to assign the foot controller to the brass voice to control volume via a control set in the Part Edit pages, I can't get it to work . All I can get is the pedal controlling the overall volume of the whole keyboard. I have tried going to the Utility page and setting FC1 to volume, but nothing changes. I have tried scrolling through the other options, but eventually I lose all output from the keyboard, and have to go back to Performance Select mode, and go to a different performance, and the sound comes back again.

I have set up a work-around by setting a negative Velocity Sensitivity to the strings sound, while increasing it for the brass sound, so that when I play with greater velocity the brass cuts through while the strings subside a little - virtually a velocity-controlled cross-fade.

I am still baffled by my inability to get the foot controller to work - it is probably something fairly simple that i am not seeing, but after being away from keyboards for nearly 30 years, there is a huge amount of new stuff to learn!

Posted : 10/11/2019 8:25 pm
Bad Mister

One way to approach this is to set the Assignable Foot Controller to send cc11 Expression... then set the String Part to ignore the control message for “Vol/Exp”. You can then adjust just the Brass sound with the Foot Controller.

See page 49 of the Reference Manual to see information on the Receive Switch parameter

[EDIT] > select “Part Edit” > “Receive Switch” > “Vol/Exp” > set to Off

Posted : 11/11/2019 1:05 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us