Notifications
Clear all

problem with FC7 for Volume om MX61

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Dean
Topic starter

I cannot get my FC7 to control volume ( or anything) on my MX61. I am using the Foot Controller Jack. I go to utility>controller>set FC1 for Volume ( tried mod as well) not working. I have tested the FC7 on an effect pedal and it is working. It also worked when I first tried it. Now nothing. Hope someone can help.

Thanks!!

Posted : 01/07/2017 6:38 pm
Bad Mister

You tested the pedal on an Effect pedal? How?

Posted : 02/07/2017 11:36 am
 Dean
Topic starter

i plugged the FC7 into my zoom multi effect, set it to a wah effect and played through it. used the FC7 pedal and it worked as expected like a wah pedal.
In the reference manual I think says something about setting the controller from 0-100 ? All I see in utility>controller> FC1 is modulation, volume etc- no setting with numbers.
Thank you

Posted : 02/07/2017 1:45 pm
Bad Mister

Sorry, we have no idea what you are using the pedal for since we have no idea even if it is supposed to work as you are using it. We are completely unfamiliar with a multi FX device that a Yamaha FC7 pedal works with. So since you're telling the sorry, can you provide details?

Posted : 03/07/2017 2:34 pm
 Dean
Topic starter

I think you have misunderstood. I used the multi-effect controller input to TEST the Yamaha FC7 to make sure that is not the problem. It works fine. The problem is it is not working a a volume pedal on my MX61 using the controller input. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you

Posted : 03/07/2017 6:27 pm
Bad Mister

No that much I understand. What I don't understand is I know about how it works or should work when you plug it into a Yamaha product. What I don't know is if plugging it into your multi Effect proves it's working... Of that I have no way of knowing if that means it's working. As far as I know it shouldn't work as a way-way by simply plugging it in... hey it might, but that proves nothing to me about it being an FC7 - which should automatically work when plugged into a Yamaha MX

Are you sure what you have is a Yamaha FC7 pedal?
I know it sounds like a strange question to ask. But normally to check if a Yamaha FC7 pedal is working we recommend you plug it into a Yamaha keyboard. As far as I know it has never been recommended to test that it's working by plugging into another manufacturers multi Effect device.

Posted : 03/07/2017 6:36 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us