Notifications
Clear all

Saving the whole keyboards set up.

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Deb
Topic starter

Hi I've just got the mx61 but play for 4 band's so I'm looking to find out ...How to save the whole performance set ups so I don't have to spend an hour every gig creating all the sounds again (Some layered some split etc). I'm trying to make sense of the manual but a bit hard on my phone. Are there user banks? ..or can u save to usb? Help much appreciated.

Posted : 11/05/2019 2:21 am
Bad Mister

Hi I've just got the mx61 but play for 4 band's so I'm looking to find out ...How to save the whole performance set ups so I don't have to spend an hour every gig creating all the sounds again (Some layered some split etc). I'm trying to make sense of the manual but a bit hard on my phone. Are there user banks? ..or can u save to usb? Help much appreciated.

There is a User Voice Bank (128) and the User Performance Bank (128).

When the SELECT button is lit, you are in Performance mode. Each Performance can contain 16 Parts.
A Part is a ‘Voice in a Performance’. Each Voice is an instrument... so “Concert Grand” is a Voice, “Ambient Pizza” is a pizzicato String Voice. When linked to play together as Parts 1 and 2, they make up a 2 Part Performance (Dual) or (Split).

A Performance has 16 Parts... use the [PART SELECT] button to move through the 16 Voices (one per Part) assigned to the current Performance — Press the numbered buttons... HINT: on the front panel the [PART SELECT] button is linked to the numbers 1-16 — Part Select 1-16.

When [PART SELECT] is not lit, you read the Category... because when not *selecting* a Part, these same buttons become “CATEGORIES” of instruments.

Theory : A Performance is 16 Voices, one per Part
Parts 1 and Part 2 can be linked, either by pressing [LAYER] both sounds across all keys, or by pressing [SPLIT] Part1 becomes upper, Part2 becomes lower. Look closely at the icons etched on the keyboard that show Part 1, Part 2, layer (one on top of the other) split (one upper the other lower). Look in the screen see how it responds when you play Single, when you Layer, and when you Split.

Part 10 Drums... will be they Rhythm Pattern Part...... see on the front panel how it indicates Parts 1, 2 and 10 can be played simultaneously.
Parts 1 and 2 YOU play, Part 10 will follow the Rhythm Pattern if you press Play...

You can SAVE you data to a USB stick (thumb drive). This way you can have a file .X5A that contains ALL your MX data for each band situation. A must read in the Reference Manual is the chapter on FILE.

The way the synth works is ... there is internal synth memory. You press the [STORE] button on the keyboard to write data into this Internal memory. You can STORE 128 Performances each containing 16 instrument setups with Parts 1, 2, and 10 you can configure to play together. You can also create and [STORE] 128 of your own custom Voices... which you can use in your Performances.

Then you go to [FILE]... file is how you write data to a USB stick... this is external memory and is long term storage. Only STORED data gets SAVED.
In other words, if work all day on a Performance setup you must STORE it to Internal memory before you SAVE a file... because only the STORED data gets SAVED to the file.

If you just went directly to File and Save, you’ll discover the hard way... only stored data gets written to the file.

A file will allow you restore any custom setups you’ve create. Yes, loading an ALL file replaces all data in the Internal memory. This is why you’ll have a different file for each band situation. Hope that helps.

Posted : 11/05/2019 11:24 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us