Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

MX and MIDI

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Thank you for answering my question about my MX 61. I have just one more and then I wont bother you anymore. Here's the deal. A guy I know is switching to soft synths and he has what looks like a brand new Motif XS rack unit that he would like to sell me. I told him that I would not have much of a use for it seeing how my MX has the same voices in it. Then he tells me that with this rack unit it would be possible to have sound coming from the rack unit AND my MX at the same time. Is that doable? Thank you again for your time.

Posted : 12/05/2019 9:36 pm
Prominent Member

Yes, you could have sounds coming from both units at the same time, but with limitations since the MX doesn't have much MIDI control flexibility in it.

The MX does not have the same voices in it, it has a subset. MX has 166 mb of wave data, and each voice can have a single insert effect (on up to four voices). Rack XS has 355 mb of wave data, and each voice can have dual insert effects (on up to 8 voices).

Posted : 30/05/2019 11:33 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us