23 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
 Doki
Topic starter

thanks for the reply

yeah its annoying with ios updates
and you cant go back
i accidentely upgraded my ipadpro to ios10, just by clicking on the wrong text when i started the ipad

i got another question
is there anyway to change the arp or rythmpatterns on the mx?
with melas or vycroft?

Posted : 16/10/2016 11:45 am
Bad Mister

is there anyway to change the arp or rythmpatterns on the mx?

I'm not sure I understand the question. What do you mean change?
There are 208 Rhythm Patterns and 999 Arpeggios.

The fix is already happening. The MX BK/BU is now iOS 10 ready.

Posted : 20/10/2016 8:43 pm
 Doki
Topic starter

with change i mean edit all parameters in an arpeggiator and save as a new arpeggiator
as in korgs workstations for eksampel you can edit the arpeggiator notes, length etc
the arpeggiator pattern if i say so

i now there is some parameters you can edit on the buttons , but i mean make a pattern from scratch and save it on mx as a new arpeggiator
or rythm pattern - in melas or vycrofts editors

i suppose there is no user arpeggios and rhytm patterns

about the fix, yes its happening, but they are not gonna sell it in my country before the middle of november
i finally got an answer from yamaha support
so i have to wait for it

Posted : 21/10/2016 4:57 pm
Bad Mister

with change i mean edit all parameters in an arpeggiator and save as a new arpeggiator
as in korgs workstations for eksampel you can edit the arpeggiator notes, length etc
the arpeggiator pattern if i say so

Sorry, I don't know Korg workstations, and the MX is not a workstation.

In order to edit arpeggios and/or Rhythm patterns you would need a sequencer, not being a workstation, the MX does not have this capability.
If you are interested in a Yamaha synth with the ability to create your own arpeggios and rhythm patterns, you should look into the MOXF series (which are workstations) which have a sequencer. They come in 61 synth action, and 88 note Graded Hammer piano weighted action. They come with 7981 arpeggios (2300 are rhythm phrases), 256 User Arps. You can record your own drum phrases and convert them to User Arps. The MOXF's also feature 4 simultaneous Arpeggiators.

about the fix, yes its happening, but they are not gonna sell it in my country before the middle of november
i finally got an answer from yamaha support
so i have to wait for it

Yes, this type of thing can vary depending on where in the world you are located, so you should always check in with your regional Yamaha support. Here in the USA, all new MX BK/BUs with the issue have been updated and are already in stores. (And if a customer has one not working with iOS 10 then they should contact Yamaha right away).

Posted : 21/10/2016 5:36 pm
 Doki
Topic starter

yes i already got the moxf

i was thinking you could do an arpeggio on my sequenser with melas plugin and then export it as a preset to yamaha mx

Posted : 01/11/2016 9:23 am
Bad Mister

No, not at all. There is no facility to add to the 999 preset arpeggios.

Posted : 02/11/2016 7:19 pm

I haven't tried my new MX 49 BK with my iPad yet , but I must say I'm thrilled with the oh so quiet keybed on it. Minimal clack and noise, new matte keys.. They made the headphone jack louder too.. I borrowed my friend's MX a while back.. Sounds seem identical sound wise, but this time around, playability is off the charts. To my knowledge no manufacturer has come up with a lightweight keyboard with such great action.. I'm surprised no one's mentioned it .. . Not to mention the new iPad class compliance. I would buy this thing for piano practice and nothing else . I love it. And no, I don't work for Yamaha , nor do I have any affiliation. Kudos, Yamaha!

Posted : 07/11/2016 6:35 am
Bad Mister

Thanks for the kind words. The action is extremely playable, particularly, considering the price point. Thank you for noticing. It's one of those things that often either gets taken for granted or are compared to obviously more expensive items. But a lot of work goes into making the MX feel playable!

No it's not the Montage 6/7 synth action, but it is an extremely playable action in a keyboard that weighs 10 1/2 pounds. (4.8kg)

Posted : 07/11/2016 3:57 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us