Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Using an external audio interface (Focusrite 2i2)

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

In my current set-up I use a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 as my audio interface. This is connected to my computer, my controller and my monitors as well. I understand that the MX49 has it's own audio interface, but my question is this, "Can I use my current set-up, replacing my current controller with the MX49, and somehow bypass the MX's interface? I'm certain you've answered this question a thousand times, but I am not finding the answer from my limited search.

Secondly, If I use the MX49's audio interface and plug my monitors into the MX49, will I be able to hear the playback from the MX (when recording)from my DAW, as well as from my computer? (I use my monitors to listen to music and the web as well). Hope this makes sense.
Thank you, for your consideration

Posted : 23/05/2016 8:41 pm
Bad Mister

"Can I use my current set-up, replacing my current controller with the MX49, and somehow bypass the MX's interface?

Yes, you can connect the audio outputs of the MX49 to your audio interface (Focusrite 2i2). You can the MX for MIDI either via USB (using the Yamaha Steinberg USB driver for your computer type and OS) or through 5-pin MIDI jacks if your audio interface allows for that.

Secondly, If I use the MX49's audio interface and plug my monitors into the MX49, will I be able to hear the playback from the MX (when recording)from my DAW, as well as from my computer? (I use my monitors to listen to music and the web as well)

If you opt to use the MX as your audio interface, all computer playback will run through the MX's main L&R outputs. The MX is its own audio/Midi interface. And while the MX is connected via USB it can act as a MIDI interface for one external device via its 5-pin jacks, it has no ability to process external audio inputs (only its own audio).

Posted : 23/05/2016 9:56 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us