Notifications
Clear all

Yamaha YC3B plugin update not installing

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Eric
Topic starter

Hi. This is not an MX question but related to the YC3B software. I'm using Cubase 10 Elements now and noticed there was a update for the YC3B that is only verified as far as El Capitan (I use Mojave) and Cubase 8. When I tried running the package installer it would not continue after agreeing to the terms when it reached 'install for all users' (Continue would never light up as an option, only Go Back). I tried downloading from another browser and using a couple of other trouble shooting ideas but the same thing would happen each time. Any ideas for a fix?
Also, the YC3B still works in my Cubase Elements 10 but is there a midi learn function available in the software? I'd love to assign rotor speed to mod. wheel and have sus pedal (which seems to control rotary) act as sustain. I know this isn't common practice for a B3 but better than using a knife (thanks Keith) and many companies provide that option. I still can't figure out how to save presets either. Is the issue that the plugin maxed out at El Capitan and will never load into Mojave? Thanks.
Eric North

Posted : 31/05/2020 6:31 pm
Bad Mister

Hi. This is not an MX question but related to the YC3B software. I'm using Cubase 10 Elements now and noticed there was a update for the YC3B that is only verified as far as El Capitan (I use Mojave) and Cubase 8. When I tried running the package installer it would not continue after agreeing to the terms when it reached 'install for all users' (Continue would never light up as an option, only Go Back). I tried downloading from another browser and using a couple of other trouble shooting ideas but the same thing would happen each time. Any ideas for a fix?

YC-3B was installed and licensed via eLicencer so your authorization exists. I have not moved to Mojave so I have no first hand knowledge but you should check .... STUDIO > VST Plug-in Manager > on the VST INSTRUMENTS tab find the YC-3B and check if it is enabled (click on the letter ”i” For information. And the “gear“ to check the path to your VST folders..

Make sure it is not on the “Blacklist” — if it is ... fix it...

Also, the YC3B still works in my Cubase Elements 10 but is there a midi learn function available in the software? I'd love to assign rotor speed to mod. wheel and have sus pedal (which seems to control rotary) act as sustain. I know this isn't common practice for a B3 but better than using a knife (thanks Keith) and many companies provide that option.

The MW and the Sustain pedal (cc1 and cc64) are set to operate the Rotary Speaker speed. The MW works for keyboards that actually have a Wheel (those with spring loaded levers may find it less satisfying). The Sustain pedal works as a “Latching” pedal, step on it once to change the speed,.. step on it again to change it back. — it is assumed everyone has one or the other (Since the sustain typically is not used... )

There is no sustain function on an organ... we recommend a matchbook... (knives are for certain types of bars only).

See page 6 of the YC-3B Owner’s Manual for CC# for parameters
YC-3B Owner’s Manual pdf

I still can't figure out how to save presets either.

When you have configure the parameters as you desire, top center of the YC-3B is the small Cubase Sound Cube icon. If you click on that you will see an option to “Save Preset...” name and Cubase will put it in the Media Bay/Sound Browser.

To retrieve it you can click on that same Sound Cube and “Load Preset...”

Posted : 31/05/2020 9:29 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us