Notifications
Clear all

RE: Saving Voice Settings - MX88

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Bob
Topic starter

I have stored several performances in my MX88 as well as made adjustments to midi functions and the remote setting (I use Logic X). Everything I do to the MX88 stays that way until I turn it off. When I power it up again, it does a factory reset. All changes I have made are lost. I saw on a previous thread that performances, etc. could only be retained by "saving" them to a storage device (a USB stick was suggested). I cannot see a save function anywhere on the MX88 or any indication of how to store something on external media (which I assume would include my computer's hard drives). I have used the store function and get a message that the save is complete. Is there no programable built-in memory on the MX88 that can last through a restart of the device? How is a save to an external device performed?

Posted : 29/05/2020 12:13 pm
Bad Mister

Please see the Reference Manual Page 69

You have the PowerOn Auto feature set to On. This will restore the Factory Settings each time you power the unit On. This is for when you don’t want to have any changes remain in your instrument. Typically, used when the instrument is on display at Trade shows, Exhibitions, Retail stores, Classrooms where different students will be using the instrument.

In such cases they would each STORE there own custom settings and programs to a USB flash stick as an ALL data file (.X5A).
You should make (SAVE) an ALL data file to save your USER programs and system settings... then turn off this “PowerOn Auto“ feature as it is not what you need. Follow the steps outlined below:

From the Reference Manual......

PowerOn Auto (Power On Auto Factory Set)
When this parameter is set to on, turning the power on will restore the User memory to the factory default settings. Normally, this should be set to off.
Settings: off, on

NOTICE
When setting “PowerOn Auto” to “on” and executing Factory Set, the Factory Set function will automatically be executed each time you turn the power on. When setting the Auto Factory Set parameter to off and pressing the [ENTER] button, the Factory Set will not be executed when turning the power on the next time.

To SAVE an ALL data
You’ll need a USB flash stick (they typically come formatted and ready to use FAT 32).
Press [FILE]
Select SAVE and FILE TYPE = ALL

Posted : 29/05/2020 2:34 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us