Clear all

Account Deletion

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 EX5
Topic starter

Account deletion.
Advice on how to do so are more than welcome.

To put things in perspective, I own an EX5, SBG 2000. G50ii, XT350, GT80B, SPX990, NS200Ms, MT2X, MD8, multiple Yamaha A/V receivers, etc..
The concept of 'Facebook style' deletion difficulty diminishes my fondness for Yamaha. Utterly disappointed Yamaha is not above its site's creation in such a manner.

I don't want to delete - it's just a matter of principle.

Posted : 02/11/2019 11:33 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Yamaha and the MIDI org are both outsourcing the message board to whatever this solution is. They didn't design the whole thing and are sort of subjected to the merits and failures of this implementation. The Yamaha team sometimes themselves state the limits of what they can do since it's not Yamaha controlled entirely.

That's my understanding.

I'm sure how difficult it is to delete your account was not part of the selection process to use this message board system.

Facebook, on the other hand, not only design their own implementation code but also even have a hand in the design and customization of the hardware (servers) they run that software on. So whatever Facebook does you can draw a more straight line between intent and implementation.

Posted : 03/11/2019 1:45 am
 EX5
Topic starter

Yamaha and the MIDI org are both outsourcing the message board to whatever this solution is. They didn't design the whole thing and are sort of subjected to the merits and failures of this implementation. The Yamaha team sometimes themselves state the limits of what they can do since it's not Yamaha controlled entirely.

That's my understanding.

I'm sure how difficult it is to delete your account was not part of the selection process to use this message board system.

Thank you for your input. It is greatly appreciated. Specifically, your EX5 knowledge is very impressive and quite useful.

Posted : 03/11/2019 1:50 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us