Clear all

Custom avatars, quoting, and more . . .

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
studio460
Topic starter

Hey, guys!

I just recently joined here and noticed a couple things. The log-in for macOS computers using Safari requires signing in twice and refreshing the screen. Not a big deal, but I thought I'd mention it. Also, it would be nice to someday include a "remember me" tool so that your site-credentials are retained. And lastly, for whatever reason, the "save password for this site?" applet in Google and other browsers doesn't work here. And . . .

• I see that when people quote others' posts here, the resulting text says, "John wrote:" preceding the quoted text. How is this done? (e.g., Selecting text and clicking the quote tool only inserts the BBcode).
• I noticed that high post-count members have custom avatars. Is this merely a post-count thing? How many posts are required until you're able to have a custom avatar? (I performed a search here for "custom avatar," but it didn't produce any relevant results.)

Thanks!

Posted : 21/03/2018 3:37 am
studio460
Topic starter

Duh! I found the avatar tab! Awfully generous file size for just an avatar!

Maximum file upload size is 2.24 TB [main_upload_maxsize: 16M]

Posted : 21/03/2018 3:50 am
studio460
Topic starter

I see that the screenname entered is still not used as your screenname? The forum still uses your first name. I entered "studio" as my first name, and "460" as my last name, thinking the screenname "studio 460" would appear (though, I would prefer it without the space). Still, only the first name appears, "studio." Changing this in your profile doesn't change the screenname. I've since changed it to "studio460" (no space) and "productions" as the last name, but the screenname appears unchanged. I suppose a custom-fix was enabled by the web-contractor for a previous user in an earlier thread. Anyway, at least I was able to change my avatar!

Posted : 21/03/2018 4:20 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

studio wrote:

I see that the screenname entered is still not used as your screenname? The forum still uses your first name. I entered "studio" as my first name, and "460" as my last name, thinking the screenname "studio 460" would appear (though, I would prefer it without the space). Still, only the first name appears, "studio." Changing this in your profile doesn't change the screenname. I've since changed it to "studio460" (no space) and "productions" as the last name, but the screenname appears unchanged. I suppose a custom-fix was enabled by the web-contractor for a previous user in an earlier thread. Anyway, at least I was able to change my avatar!

To make above: do the following

You'll notice you can do this by hand if you wanted to by manually adding the bracket-b part.

I find this gets messy when someone re-quotes quoted material and do not tend to use this feature.

Posted : 27/03/2018 6:05 pm
studio460
Topic starter

Thanks Jason!

Posted : 28/03/2018 1:30 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us