Synth Forum

How to get notified...

Notifications
Clear all

How to get notified when having comments/answers to ones post?

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

1) How do I set my alias? Does not work

2) How do I get notified when there is an answer to a post I made?

Posted : 27/08/2018 8:00 am

+1

Is RSS the only way to see replies to posts I'm interested in ?

Posted : 15/09/2018 3:28 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

I believe so. Unlike Ideascale (which isn't really necessarily a Yamaha site, as far as I know) - this forum doesn't let you flag threads to send you emails when there's a reply.

RSS just allows the forum to be parsed by something other than the website/forum backend -- so if your RSS reader can do what you want -- then you're "set".

In-band, there's no real support for what you're asking as far as I know.

Since Yamaha is presenting ideascale to its customers - maybe pointing out how useful and great that site is would provide a "template" to follow in improving yamahasynth.com -- IF that's how you would prefer the forum to work.

Posted : 16/09/2018 11:30 am

+1

I also miss an email subscription/notification functionality.

Registered also on https://yamahasynth.ideascale.com/a/dtd/email-subscription-notification-functionality-on-yamahasynth-com/267740-45978

Posted : 07/02/2021 11:51 am
Prominent Member

I believe so. Unlike Ideascale (which isn't really necessarily a Yamaha site, as far as I know) - this forum doesn't let you flag threads to send you emails when there's a reply.

While you can't turn on email notification for an individual thread, it may help that you can turn on email notification for a category. For example, at https://www.yamahasynth.com/forum/modx-series-synthesizers you'll see right under the heading (immediately above the topics list) there are two options: Subscribe to the RSS feed and Subscribe via email. I've never tried it, though, so I don't know whether that subscription only notifies you of new topics, or also of updates to old ones.

Posted : 17/02/2021 4:23 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us