Clear all

Please Fix the Forum Software

6 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
Antony
Estimable Member
Topic starter

I am able write this post now because I have managed to fluke a login.

I have fluked a login by spending possibly hours jumping through workaround hoops, hoping the tumblers fall in the correct place. Mostly, as soon as I try to click on, or post a thread, my logged in status immediately reverts to "Please Login". It is so frustrating.

It may be days or even weeks before that happens again.

If, when I finish writing this and hit the POST button, I know I will be ejected back to "Not Logged In" status, and it is a 50/50 chance whether this thread actually gets posted. Or, someone is deleting them because its not directly MODX related.

Please do not delete this post.

This broken forum software is getting ridiculous. We all know it is broken, but nothing ever gets done about it.

Seriously, someone high up in Yamaha needs to get a handle on this. Websites are a corporate face of Yamaha, and its making them look like rank and file amateurs.

Posted : 22/04/2021 7:17 am
Reputable Member

I'm not "ab". My profile name is semiono. πŸ™‚
And yes this forum don't stay login.
Funny login/logout every hour))

Posted : 22/04/2021 9:16 am
Bad Mister

I'm not "ab". My profile name is semiono. πŸ™‚
And yes this forum don't stay login.
Funny login/logout every hour))

Hint: If you visit and wish to participate by posting, be sure to enable third party cookies in your browser settings.

Posted : 22/04/2021 12:41 pm
Member Admin

9 out of 10 browsers block third party cookies, by default, for many, many reasons.

The one holdout, Google's Chrome, is considering blocking them, by default, as soon as Google can figure out how to get all the information they love from something similar, but less sinister.

Third party cookies are not something to be trifled with. The insecurity they create is significant.

But none of that is neither here nor there.

Yamaha shouldn't need third party cookies on its own websites, to do anything, ever.

And this forum's systems are a bad joke. Because even in Chrome, with the third party cookies enabled, the forum STILL logs users out.

Posted : 23/04/2021 2:56 am
 John
Estimable Member

Whilst I agree that it is very frustrating to have to keep logging in again after an hour or so, I will say that the Yamaha Forums aren’t the only place where I see this behaviour.

I have the same problem on Sonos Forums, Virgin UK Forums and a couple of others. Forums for Sequential and AVForums UK always keep me logged in and I don’t have to keep entering my details.

It makes me wonder if it’s down to the forum software being used?

Posted : 23/04/2021 10:26 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

I have to log back in all the time. It's a medium level annoyance. Not high - because the forum has been even worse in the past - kicking me out in the middle of posts and seemingly never keeping me logged in.

In the past the forum did keep logins active for much longer. I'm not sure if this is policy that is coming upstream from the outsource provider or something that can be tuned.

The MIDI organization forum is the same provider ( https://www.midi.org/forum ) - so if that site is any better - then it would show the potential of what can be done.

Posted : 23/04/2021 3:14 pm
Share:

Β© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved. Β Β  Terms of UseΒ |Β Privacy PolicyΒ |Β Contact Us