This Forum Software is BROKEN

9 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Antony
Estimable Member
Topic starter

There is no other way to describe it.

Mythical Workarounds and 20 step fudges and hacks.... not interested.

Its broken by any 21st century standard.

Its pretty shameful to be honest.

Please fix it.

Thanks.

Posted : 20/04/2021 10:00 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

Although not an assurance that a fix will come quickly - at least offering specifics would mean there's something actionable to do.

Posted : 20/04/2021 11:19 pm
Member Admin

Jason, look deep within yourself and try asking a simple question to the inner, realistic, knowing version of you:

Has providing faux positivity ever helped get Yamaha to do anything?

Antony is right, this forum's foibles, flails and fails are shameful. Or would merely be shameful if Yamaha were only a hardware maker.

But Yamaha is also a software maker, apparently...

Posted : 21/04/2021 2:49 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

I'm not asking for rainbows and butterflies - I'm suggesting providing meaningful details to describe what's broken.

I called my landlord and said the whole house has problems - and nothing got fixed. I complained about the air conditioner being broken and still nothing got fixed for months of complaining - but at least there was a chance.

"Please fix something I won't give any detail" is, reasonably so, destined for the trash can.

Use whatever negative tone you want - but at least provide some level of detail.

Posted : 22/04/2021 4:47 pm
Member Admin

In your analogy, Antony's just said "it's too hot in here, all the time".

At least two years ago it would have been utterly disingenuous to suggest Yamaha doesn't know what the problems are with this forum.

After that period of time, you've got only one conclusion you can come to as to why they don't bother fixing it, and can't maintain links to tutorial content, nor create referring and/or forwarding links for those same tutorials whenever they make yet more pointless changes.

Posted : 23/04/2021 3:02 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

Turn the AC or fan on.

At any rate - advice is take it or leave it. I'm not the enemy here. Just trying to help another member get traction and not spin their wheels.

Posted : 23/04/2021 3:29 am
Prominent Member

Antony is right, this forum's foibles, flails and fails are shameful. Or would merely be shameful if Yamaha were only a hardware maker.

But Yamaha is also a software maker, apparently...

Yamaha does not control the forum software. The forum is outsourced to a company called Monday Loves You. The problems are almost certainly all theirs.

Posted : 23/04/2021 12:25 pm
Member Admin

Yamaha can hire someone else.

Outsourcing does not alleviate responsibility.

Posted : 23/04/2021 2:29 pm
Prominent Member

Yamaha can hire someone else.

Outsourcing does not alleviate responsibility.

Some points to consider:

* There is such a thing as contracts, which could be a factor. Not always easy to just take your business elsewhere at any time.

* This forum is provided to us for free. And is still a whole lot better than the forums provided by Roland, Korg, or Nord. (Hint: They don't provide forums.)

* If Yamaha does choose to change their provider if and when they can, there is a strong likelihood that all the historical posts here, all this helpful (and google-searachable) discussion and problem solving, will be gone. Consequences.

Posted : 23/04/2021 2:40 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us