Clear all

Yamaha HPH-MT7 or HPH-MT220 headphones?

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Maarten
Topic starter

Dear Bad Mister, forum,

I've decided to buy Yamaha studio monitor headphones. I want to use them for recording, mixing and mastering, and for playing my Tyros5 and Reface CP.

The new MT7 is on the top of the list on Yamaha's website, and the MT220 is below that. The MT220 has better specs though, so I am confused.

Which are the best? The MT220, or does the MT7 has some other features that make it "better" than the MT220?

Thank you for helping out!

Maarten

Posted : 24/11/2015 4:01 pm
Bad Mister

I am not aware of a specification difference... Between the two.

The MT7 are highly stylish in addition to having the great specs of the MT-220 (my current favorites).
I have yet to hear the new MT7s but they look to be in the same class while looking good as well... And removable ear cups (for DJ work I presume).

As is true with any high quality head phones, make sure they are comfortable on your ears!
I'm sure the MT7 are designed to bring the high definition, high quality sound of the MT220's to a wider audience. I'll see about getting verification on my thoughts/guesses and pass it along.

The MT7s were announced less that two weeks ago.

Posted : 24/11/2015 8:19 pm
Maarten
Topic starter

Thank you for your reply, Bad Mister!

HPH-MT220:
"Ultra high-resolution monitor headphones that deliver accurate response across all frequencies. Ideal for recording and monitoring during mixing and mastering at studios."

• Frequency response: 15 Hz - 28 kHz
  • Driver units: 45 mm
  • Impedance: 37 Ω (at 1kHz)
  • Weight: 415 g

HPH-MT7:
"High-end high-resolution monitor headphones that reproduce even the most subtle nuances of the source sound. In addition to mixing and recording in the studio, the HPH-MT7 headphones are perfect for mix monitoring in live performance applications thanks to their high sound pressure levels and durability."

• Frequency response: 15 Hz - 25 kHz
  • Driver units: 40 mm
  • Impedance: 49 Ω (at 1kHz)
  • Weight: 360 g

Maarten

Posted : 25/11/2015 8:06 pm
Bad Mister

I recommend ears (over eyes) but you probably can't go wrong! 🙂

Posted : 25/11/2015 8:11 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us