Synth Forum

Yamaha is deleting ...

Notifications
Clear all

Yamaha is deleting my messages - claiming that they prevent viewcount and replycount at the forum to prevent rants or requests

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

In general they don't want you to see the popular posts!
typical Yamaha controls it all... this is absurd! they don't allow a community of any kind, prevent other forums from developing and than they say "OK, let's remove viewcount... username visability... replycount.." they will never know which posts are popular and why.. we will not be held accountable.

and then - deleting my posts. what a shame. Yamaha.

Posted : 26/04/2018 12:28 pm
Bad Mister

Your OTHER POSTS on site feedback are in the "Site Feedback" area ... this is where you can get information on how the site works. We’ll leave this here for ten minutes then it will be moved to the “Site Feedback” forum.

Posted : 26/04/2018 12:44 pm
 Tom
Trusted Member

First They are Still working on the site.:(

This whole Live Updating of the Site. Was a Cutting corners .Verses The Way of doing it Right.
When updating a site. Do it. On a test server!!! Like the rest of the World does things.

Now I did this Kind of work and ran web and programming teams for 30 ish years.
These guys Are the Slowest site programmers I have seen. IE: Given all the mistakes seen. I suspect. They do not know What they are doing.
I know 1 Guy. Who could have had this entire project done in 3 to 7 days!
Hire Experts. When You do not have the proper staff! It is way cheaper in the long run!

Posted : 26/04/2018 2:15 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Yes, it'd be nice to pilot changes behind the curtain - but there is a silver lining. We get to see each minute change and comment/feedback on the changes as they "drop in" which gives advance feedback if there's anything that's a step backwards. Also as a developer, I would not have made my rolling changes so public - but just grin and bear the process until it's over. I doubt a forum post is going to structurally change the forum development plan (as in who's getting tasked to do it and what process is used) in the short-term. It's a learning process and hopefully the next roll-out is better. That said - there will always be something for users to complain about when changes are made.

Posted : 26/04/2018 6:17 pm
 Tom
Trusted Member

Well in this day
People complain About Everything!

Posted : 26/04/2018 6:35 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us