Clear all

[SOLVED] I can't turn on my Reface CP after it auto-powered itself off

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Maarten
Topic starter

Dear forum,

Yesterday I let my Reface on while not playing it and after a certain amount of time it powered itself off. This is as designed: to save energy.

However, now I can't turn it on again. I removed the batteries, inserted freshly fully charged batteries, used the power adapter... whatever I tried the instrument doesn't turn on.

Any tips are greatly appreciated!

Maarten

Posted : 04/10/2015 5:49 pm
Maarten
Topic starter

Whatever I try, I can't bring the CP back to life. I'll bring it to the store for repair in a couple of days...

Maarten

Posted : 06/10/2015 5:58 am
Maarten
Topic starter

My CP works again.

After a night without batteries and no power cable inserted, while the power button was pressed ("on" position), this morning I inserted the power cable and the CP sprang to life. It works again, also with batteries and without the power cable inserted.

Is this normal behaviour, or is my instrument broken?

Maarten

Posted : 07/10/2015 6:47 pm
Maarten
Topic starter

This time the Reface CP did not turn on, whatever I tried.

I've brought the instrument to my dealer for repair. That was four weeks ago. I called them recently and they said they were waiting for a part, a circuit board. They expect it will still take three weeks. That would mean I'm almost two months without the CP...

Very unfortunate.

Maarten

Posted : 24/03/2016 7:20 pm
Maarten
Topic starter

I got my repaired CP back, and everything works fine!

Maarten

Posted : 11/05/2016 1:36 pm
Bad Mister

Happy to hear you're back up and running!

Posted : 11/05/2016 5:09 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us