Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Some questions regarding Reface CS

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I bought the Reface CS yesterday, and it is a lot of fun!
BUT there some things I am wondering about.

1. If I add 2 jacks to the outputjacks, the sound keeps playing in the speakers. Only way to eliminated it, is to add a third jack in the phones out.
That is weird behaviour in my mind? Is that intended?

2. The metronome click runs through the fx, so If a heavy delay is on, it is almost impossible to hear the click? Is that intended?

3. When adding a fx from fx off, the sound stops briefly. Thats annoying! Is that intended also?

Besides those three issues, I am having a grat time with it. To run it on batteries is a huge hit!

Thanks,

Morten

Posted : 22/06/2016 12:28 pm
Bad Mister

1. If I add 2 jacks to the outputjacks, the sound keeps playing in the speakers. Only way to eliminated it, is to add a third jack in the phones out.
That is weird behaviour in my mind? Is that intended?

Plugging in headphones turns off the speakers. This is not unusual, many devices work like that including your phone and most small handheld music devices. The other way to turn the speakers off is to use the Turn Off Speaker routine as outlined in your Owner's Manual. Hold D2 (lowest D) while powering On the instrument.

Page 41.

2. The metronome click runs through the fx, so If a heavy delay is on, it is almost impossible to hear the click? Is that intended?

By default, the sound of the metronome is generated by the sound on the instrument. So yes, it is intended.

You can switch from the GUIDE sound (current sound) the one you are playing, to a CLICK sound (assuming you have upgraded your reface CS to version 1.30).

See page 11 of the Supplemental Manual for version 1.30
Power On while holding G3. Each time you do this it will toggle from the GUIDE sound to the CLICK sound.

Download for the version 1.30 Update and the Version 1.30 Supplemental Manual can be obtained at the official Yamaha download site:
http://download.yamaha.com

Hope that helps.

Posted : 22/06/2016 1:58 pm
Topic starter

@Bad Mister:

Thanks for your reply!

1. I think you misunderstood me, to I didn't made myself clear. I am fully aware of the plugging in headphones turns off the speakers. My point was that I the only way I could turn them off, was by plugging in a jack in the headphone jack.
And I did read the manual...but the part with holding down D, has skipped my eyes. And that was what I was looking for, an "easier" way to turn them off when using the outputs. 😉

2. Yes that I also know, BUT if I want to record with the delay on, because of getting the ambient feeling with the delay, then its not possible.
Never mind, I have many other ways of recording, with or without delay. I just wanted to know if that was the purpose.

3. You never got to answer this?

Thanks again!

Morten

Posted : 22/06/2016 2:25 pm
Bad Mister

1. I think you misunderstood me, to I didn't made myself clear. I am fully aware of the plugging in headphones turns off the speakers. My point was that I the only way I could turn them off, was by plugging in a jack in the headphone jack.
And I did read the manual...but the part with holding down D, has skipped my eyes. And that was what I was looking for, an "easier" way to turn them off when using the outputs. 😉

I think you have misunderstood me, I gave you the complete answer because it was not obvious, at least to me, that you were aware of any of this so I provided you with the correct information. I was not aware of what you know or knew. But the statement that the only way to eliminate it was weird behavior, led me to believe you did not think there was a practical solution. So I provided the full answer. Not so weird behavior. 😉

2. Yes that I also know, BUT if I want to record with the delay on, because of getting the ambient feeling with the delay, then its not possible.
Never mind, I have many other ways of recording, with or without delay. I just wanted to know if that was the purpose.

? Maybe you did not see my complete answer - did you update your reface CS to version 1.30?

Fixes this issue completely! 🙂

3. You never got to answer this?

If I didn't answer, it is because I don't know it to be true and will have to study it. I'm not so quick to conclude that everything I'm told is a fact nor do I have an answer for everything. I'll get back to you if I find out something useful.

Update your reface!
Get that Version 1.30 Supplemental Manual
Read carefully... it's in there! 😉

Posted : 22/06/2016 2:50 pm
Topic starter

Thank you for helping me! I wasn't aware of the update.

That solved the click issue 😉

The quick gap in sound happens when turning on fx, or simply changing fx. Its not a huge deal, but still I find it interrupting that its not a smooth change.

Thanks again!

Morten

Posted : 23/06/2016 7:00 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us