Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

This is what Reface should have been

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Firstly I love Yamaha products, my favourite being my Yamaha CS60 that I had to sell together with my EX5R and currently owned S70XS and SY1. I find it very sad that Reface was positioned as 'based on...' because apart from the DX they are not based on any of the former suggested products. If the CS for example had been based on the same circuit design or maybe the filter then it could be called 'based on' but other wise Yamaha should say 'inspired by.....' In any event the CS really should be called AN Reface as in one of the videos mention was made that it is 'based on' the AN series.

So to my mind if you are to provoke feelings about vintage products then the new product needs to relate to that product in a meaningful way and not be based on falsehoods. All of the vintage models referenced in your marketing were excellent to play with both hands. A three octave keyboard is not. Much better to have said that these were the mini versions and there of course will be a full size version. However the CS, DX and CP are too limited to be made into a full sized version as is. There are too many features missing that are available on the competition. But a full size version I would buy.....

I really, really miss my CS60 and could never afford one now. If Yamaha built a five octave CS with the full CS ring mod parameters and dual CS filter and even if it didn't have a ribbon, and even if it was modelling and not analogue, I would pay £1500 for it. I would have thought that Yamaha would sell loads of these. If it was full analogue then I would pay more. It is curious that when Korg and Roland are producing analogue synths again that Yamaha are not. If not, the the Sequential Prophet 6 is a done deal; but I would prefer the Yamaha and would pay more for it.

If the (full sized) CP had more features for sound design like my old Roland RD700 and was 88 keys or even 76 keys then I would buy it.

As it stands the only Reface that I would even demo would be the DX but there again I have an iPad version so why pay £289? I know that the standard response is to say 'try it' but as they have three octaves and don't relate to the products that they are meant to relate to there is no point.

Please Yamaha listen to passionate owners of your products. And please also update your marketing preferences. You don't even have a subject called 'synthesisers'. Are you even interested in this marketplace? Digital piano and music production are not synth categories. I do not produce music. I programme synths and play synths and keyboards.

Thanks for listening.

Posted : 10/07/2015 8:09 am
Topic starter

So I looked at the forum just now to see if Phil had responded; no he hadn't. Interesting that the Forum knew that I was 'online' without me logging in. This means that in some way Yamaha are tracking my internet usage with out my knowledge or permission. If this is the future then forget it! In Europe we have a Data Protection Act and as Facebook, and others are finding out, it has teeth. If Yamaha stand any chance at all of me ever buying a another product they better explain how they are 'spying' on me. Over to you Phil. Please do not tell it that I am old school and that 'this is the future' as I value my privacy; just an explanation would be nice. Thanks

Posted : 10/07/2015 5:36 pm
Bad Mister

Your post is your opinion, there was no question in it. Or room to respond. It describes what we "should have" done. So there was no need to respond to it.

Posted : 11/07/2015 2:55 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us