Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

trying to find out is there any particular devices I need to build a full recording studio for vocals and the mo just getting started with this want feedback a

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I amam trying to build a home studio. But I want to know what else I need besides the motif to accomplish this

Posted : 06/01/2016 4:34 am
Bad Mister

Hi Gerald,
Welcome to YamahaSynth!

A "full recording studio" ? Forgive me but that's kind of a very board, open ended question. I've been lucky enough to work in some of the premier studios in the USA - one person's full recording studio is going to be vastly different from another.

I'd recommend even in setting up a home studio you begin by thinking through the possibilities. Are you going for a studio that has a separate STUDIO and CONTROL ROOM... With a glass partition and soundproof doors between. Or are you talking about a home studio where you are dedicating 6 feet of one wall in your house?

How do you plan to separate your studio monitors (speakers) from your microphones... Typically, this is the first big lesson learned. If your speakers are in the same room with your microphones you cannot isolate what you're recording and listen through your speakers. So a headphone system becomes a key component. How many musicians are going to be recording at one time? In headphones you can play music and power down your speakers... For when your control room is also your studio room.

Your question is way off topic for the "reface" forum... But if you are building it around the reface... You'll need everything else! 🙂
I see you mention a "MO" in your title and a "Motif" in your post... If you are building a small project studio around one of these, then specify which one (exactly) the MO-series is different from the Motif-series, (just FYI)... Currently, the Motif XF is our top-of-the-line Music Production synthesizer... The MOXF is its little brother.... Same sounds, same synth architecture, just different options are available. The MOXF records audio and Midi via USB (dual stereo system) the Motif XF records audio and Midi via FireWire) up to 8 stereo outputs.

Let us know, and we'll move your post to a more appropriate Forum heading. Thanks.

Posted : 06/01/2016 3:12 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us