Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Will Yamaha make more than 4 Reface models?

14 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi!
I really like the Reface concept.
Will Yamaha make more than 4 Reface models?
And where can I find firmware updates?
Thank you!

Posted : 21/03/2016 6:56 pm
Bad Mister

Don't know (and can't say) anything about future plans. Updates are imminent and will be posted on the official Yamaha download site
http://download.yamaha.com

Updates are already available for reface CS and reface DX.

Also find thousands of sounds by clicking the Soundmondo link from this site... As folks from around the world are programming and sharing their creations!

Posted : 23/03/2016 2:18 pm
 Tom

I can't find any update for the DX yet, so I think I just have to be patient. 😉
Makes me curious to what this update will do.

Just some minor changes or new features?

Posted : 28/03/2016 6:02 pm
Bad Mister

Version 1.20 was posted September 1, 2015

Main Revisions and Enhancements

【V1.01 → V1.20】
Additional features and specifications changes
For reface CS
• The pitch bend range can now be switched between “12” (1 octave) and “2” (2 semitones).
• The LOOPER can now quantize at either sixteenth notes or eighth-note triplets.
For reface DX
• The LOOPER can now quantize at either sixteenth notes or eighth-note triplets.

We are awaiting the following updates ..... soon (sorry don't have the exact date)

reface DX firmware, adding the following:
Master Tuning
Master Transpose
Quantize mode
Guide/Click Sound

reface YC firmware, adding the following new functions:
• Master Tuning
• Master Transpose
• Transmit Channel
• Receive Channel

reface CP firmware, adding the following new functions:
• Master Tuning
• Master Transpose
• Transmit Channel
• Receive Channel

reface CS firmware, adding the following new functions:
• Master Tuning
• Master Transpose
• Pitch Bend Range
• Transmit Channel
• Receive Channel
• Quantize Mode
• Guide / Click Sound Switch
• Foot Volume / Sustain Switch
• Sustain

Posted : 28/03/2016 8:21 pm
 Tom

Thanks for the response.

Looks interesting.

Posted : 29/03/2016 8:16 am

BadMister - Will you have an announcement here on when the firmware updates are available? And, for those of us who are just emerging from the Golden Age of Combo Organs, some info on how to update the firmware?

Thanks!

Posted : 31/03/2016 2:14 pm
 carl

I would love to see a Reface Motif one day. with 49 mini keys, 1gb of sampling, USB storage, drum and percussion sounds, song & pattern sequencer. and battery power. the ultimate portable synth-sampler!!!!!

Posted : 08/04/2016 8:03 pm
Topic starter

Thank you for your answers!

Posted : 08/04/2016 9:50 pm

A Reface RX drum machine with 4x4 velocity sensitive pads would be neat. My wallet is ready 🙂

Posted : 11/04/2016 7:10 pm
Bad Mister

Just FYI: version 1.30 for all reface models is available for download

http://download.yamaha.com

Posted : 11/04/2016 9:15 pm

My Reface wishlist:

I would love to see some form of rompler for orchestral and real instrument sounds.

Actually I'm lying. I want a reface mellotron, but probably a lot more people would want a rompler, and since it can be modeled after the motif line, it would be in keeping with the "classic Yamaha".....well..er...motif.

The reason I'd rather a mellotron (other than I LOVE the other worldly sound of them), is that I love the simplicity of the reface line, and the complete lack of menu diving (except I guess for the DX)
So for me a rompler patterned after the CP, with say strings, brass, flute, choir, ...maybe a sax, and pizzicato strings. But just those sounds, not a bazillions sounds like most modern romplers.

Also a 4 or 5 octave version of the CP with acoustic piano instead of toy piano.

Posted : 24/04/2016 5:18 am

reface wishlist:

reface VL 'Virtual Acoustic' synthesizer
reface SY 'Analog' synthesizer
reface FS 'Formant Synthesis' synthesizer

1U Rack Versions. New chassis, same Electronics. Perfect for a small studio to have all variations stacked in a rack, and a Yamaha MX to Control them ;). Covering all synthesis types.

Posted : 12/05/2016 8:52 pm
 bi

I want reface DD for drumming.
Also: aftertouch and: USB audio output. It just makes sense.

Posted : 05/07/2016 12:51 pm

daniel wrote:

My Reface wishlist:

(...)
Also a 4 or 5 octave version of the CP with acoustic piano instead of toy piano.

I've been referring to this idea as the "Reface Pro" line, although I'd prefer the choices be 61 and 73 key models, myself.

100% agreed on the Toy Piano. Of course, if I were doing the CP in a pro line, I'd probably throw in a Hohner Pianet N and a second Wurlitzer EP in addition to the replacement of the toy piano with the acoustic piano. (I might even ask for two acoustic pianos, but why get greedy?)

I've also suggested that a Pro line could combine the YC and CP into one (and the same for the DX and CS), although that's less necessary to me since I already have both the YC and CP. I'd be just as happy if a Pro line gave me space on top where a current Reface could sit. (So a Reface YC Pro would have some space for the Reface CP to sit, connected as one happy family.)

Posted : 07/07/2016 8:38 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us