Notifications
Clear all

Creating Custom Mono Piano Voices

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I love the pianos on this keyboard. I’ve also noticed that more often than not, most of the voices sound great when connected in stereo but sound kind of thin or out of phase when connected to a mono speaker system. Unfortunately when gigging at small clubs, a lot of PA systems are ran in mono.

So I’m thinking of creating my own mono sampled voices by using the editor and selecting the appropriate wave forms. I know there is already a voice called Monoaural Grand or something like that. But I really like the timbre or feel of the Rock Grand Piano and would love to make a mono version of this. Any pointers or starting point suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Posted : 27/12/2017 7:16 pm
Bad Mister

You are given the complete Waveform sets for both a 9 foot Yamaha CFIIIS and a 6'11" Yamaha S6... this includes full sets soft, medium and hard strikes, stereo and mono, shifted up and shifted down in pitch. You get a single multiple switching stereo and a single multiple switching mono version of each.

So you can build your own three way Switches or use the Factory setup. The CFIII Waveforms are at the very top of the Waveform List, the S6 at the very end.

Posted : 28/12/2017 9:21 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us