Device number misma...

Notifications
Clear all

Device number mismatch

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Trying to connect my MODX to Soundmondo via iPhone 6s plus for the 1st time. I’m Using both newly purchased, USB cable and Lightning camera adapter. Soundmondo shows the green connected “cross” at the top center. When I try to load a performance to the MODX, I get the error message “Device number mismatch.” It seems the devices see each other but they’re not communicating....help

Posted : 24/07/2019 4:39 am
Topic starter

Found it!
Utility> settings>Advanced >Midi: device number (1)
Device number was set to 2

Posted : 24/07/2019 8:27 am
Bad Mister

Just so you know, DEVICE NUMBER identifies your MODX from any others receiving a System wide message. If you had two MODX’s, for example, you would make one of them Device #1 and the other Device #2, this way you can designate which one of the two you want to address. Device Number allows multiple devices of the same make and model to exist within a system, yet remain individually addressable. There are 16 Device Numbers provided by MIDI... for those with sixteen identical models can create unique System Exclusive messages for each individual instrument!

If you own only one MODX, you should leave this Device Number Set to either All or 1.

Enjoy Soundmondo...

Posted : 24/07/2019 10:39 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us