Synth Forum

how to sync voices ...

Notifications
Clear all

how to sync voices or set lists from web to app?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Please correct me if I'm wrong -- otherwise, Yamaha, please update software!

It appears there is no way to sync voices and set lists across Soundmondo on the web and Soundmondo the app (I am running the latter on iOS). I'm using this with a reface DX.

This is extremely frustrating and could easily be changed in the software.

Please add functions:
1. In Soundmondo APP - please allow to see all 'favorites' which are saved to the same Soundmondo account through the web interface.
2. In Soundmondo APP - similarly, please allow to see all 'sounds' which are created by the user and saved in web interface.
- I see, going the other direction, you can upload your sounds from the app to Soundmono and select 'private', for instance, which allows you then to access them also on the web. this is ok, but am I missing something or why can you not see your own private sounds saved on the web also in the app? this makes no sense
3. Finally, the best thing would be also either to sync 'set lists' between web and app or else at least to have a way to see the 'set lists' saved on the web also in the app, and to copy them or download the voices in them easily (ideally in batch)

The problem is that right now, if you import or create a bunch of voices and save them in one device, then you have no access to them on any other device without either making everything public (which requires going through every voice to switch it from private and back, if you want them private) or else passing everything through the actual DX, which takes forever.

Am I missing an easier way to sync these things? If not, then Yamaha could you please add this simple functionality?

Posted : 16/08/2019 7:26 pm
Bad Mister

It could be you are missing something or misunderstanding something. Or it could be I’m not understanding what you’re looking to do.

Before we get into this, let me correct you on one key point: Nothing is an easy fix when it comes to Soundmondo (that said)... here’s some things that might help.

The Soundmondo App on an iOS device can Capture, archive Performances, and create Set Lists, all without ever going online.
When you tap the Soundmondo “S” icon, you are linked with the web. Along the top of the screen you’ll see “Soundmondo”, a Search-enter field with magnifying glass... next to that is a circle with your Avatar or an icon for “All Users”, and finally a Tag icon.

Tap the Avatar circle... you can select “All Users” (looks like the outline of three individuals), your own account, and it might even show you recently viewed Users.

You have a reface DX... Dr. Manny Fernandez has posted several tutorials and has a ton of great sounds online.

Type “Manny Fernandez” in the Search field.
In a few seconds it will show you a list of Manny’s awesome refaceDX sounds. Select the first one...
If you now tap the circle where Manny could have posted a picture, you will be taken to a screen where you can see links to the videos and SoundCloud examples that Manny posted for the tutorial sounds, you’ll also see a place where Manny could have shared his “Favorites” (there are none currently), and you’ll see Manny’s shared “Set Lists”... currently, there are 14 different Set Lists each containing scores of refaceDX sounds.

You can do this with any User... including yourself.

I made a Set List on my computer, and I can access it from my iOS device... I just need to select my own account.
Let us know. Or am I misunderstanding what you want to do?

Posted : 17/08/2019 12:04 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us