Notifications
Clear all

Soundmondo not working anymore?

42 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
10.1 K Views
Bad Mister

I see several Soundmondo posts that have gone up today, so the problem is local to your system.

Posted : 21/11/2019 8:50 pm

On a MacBook Pro with MODX USB set up correctly. Followed the steps suggested by Jason. I get this in Chrome: SecurityError: An attempt was made to break through the security policy of the user agent. I can't get the iPhone app tp work either.

Not intending to bash anybody but sync issues are ultimately something Yamaha needs to fix if they value all their customers. I'm not going to do a factory reset of my MODX.

Is there a step by step explanation on the Soundmondo site for syncing or just how it works?

Posted : 11/10/2020 4:37 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

https://www.yamahasynth.com/forum/soundmondo-issue#reply-95576

When you hover over the MIDI keyboard icon to the right of Chrome's URL/address area, what does it say?

Posted : 11/10/2020 4:48 pm

This is all I get

I'm wondering if Chrome on the Mac is the problem...

Posted : 12/10/2020 1:48 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

Not sure why there's no area as boxed in yellow:

You can also get to the same configuration by clicking the settings "dots" in the browser when you first open Chrome before going to any website.

This article explains this method:

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/114662?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

Under "permissions that can be changed" - it explains MIDI permissions are part of it. That's what you're going to want to modify for the soundmondo site.

Posted : 12/10/2020 2:10 am

Ah, I missed the URL bar. Yes, you are right. There was a permission issue. The page is accepting the connection, but I still cannot sync. I get a blocking circle when I hover over the DYNC button

Posted : 12/10/2020 2:56 am

I uploaded a test called Case 74 Hard - testing. That's great. Halfway there.

OK, got it. Thanks for your support and patience.

How do I delete that uploaded file? i've looked everywhere I can think of, and nothing is jumping out at me.

Posted : 12/10/2020 2:59 am

It's great that people can share performances on Soundmondo. It would be nice if individual performances had useful tags like date of upload. It would also help if a selection could be sorted by popularity, number of downloads, etc. Browsing and trying out individual sounds is a slow task. Pages are slow to load, and why does the specific performance disappear once you sync? That seems strange to me. I end up having to go back a page if I want to know more details about it. Is it a new project? Is it likely to be developed and expanded? It would be nice if people could leave stars, reviews or comments. That would also help with browsing for quality stuff.

Posted : 12/10/2020 4:14 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

Search for "trash" here and see if this helps.

https://yamahasynth.com/learn/apps/soundmondo-faqs

Posted : 12/10/2020 5:40 am
Member Admin

It's great that people can share performances on Soundmondo. It would be nice if individual performances had useful tags like date of upload. It would also help if a selection could be sorted by popularity, number of downloads, etc. Browsing and trying out individual sounds is a slow task. Pages are slow to load, and why does the specific performance disappear once you sync? That seems strange to me. I end up having to go back a page if I want to know more details about it. Is it a new project? Is it likely to be developed and expanded? It would be nice if people could leave stars, reviews or comments. That would also help with browsing for quality stuff.

SoundMondo was "designed" by engineers attempting to avoid writing native code.

The app on iOS is somewhere between atrocious and horrific. It's the best of ideas with the absolute worst way of implementation used, and un-design practiced.

That's why nothing in the way of usage considerations you'd expect in a user contributed space (of some wonderful sounds) is present, and why the thing is slowly being forgotten about.

It could and should lead the way to being a Yamaha junky. Instead it's the reason another company will steal the idea, do it well, and gain enormously from it.

Posted : 18/10/2020 8:14 am
Michael Trigoboff
Honorable Member

This thread just helped me fix my problem with SoundMondo caused by a MIDI port name of 2-MONTAGE.

I usually connect my montage to my Windows 10 machine via a USB hub. When I reinstalled the Yamaha USB Driver, I had to ignore the instruction to not use a USB hub in order to get the driver installed correctly. In order to avoid the 1-xxx, 2-xxx, etc problem, you apparently have to install the driver using the exact same USB configuration that you are going to be using in practice.

Posted : 30/10/2020 2:47 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

Yes, and this is actually a bug because Soundmondo's javascript could deal with the "#-" prefix. Or, at the least, display a message recognizing the prefix and tell the user to remove/reinstall the drivers in order to workaround this (which is silly, but at least would reduce the support calls).

Posted : 30/10/2020 1:52 pm
Page 3 / 3
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us