Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

MO8 Autoswitch

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi, I do have a question on my old and faithful MO-8. Since some weeks the keyboard performs autoswitch of sounds/performances. Usually I start with the Full Grand Preset, which is autoloaded. This works reliable. After some time (usually less than a minute) the sound is switched to Dark Grand. Same Bank from #1 to #3. Same happens in Performance mode.
Start with performance USR1:001 Prologue, switches to USR1:003 Lo-Lo Rider. I have tried to disconnect all cables to ensure, that this is not caused by any of the pedals or cables (like USB connection) and performed a factory reset to ensure, that I did not cause this by messing around with the John Melas Tools. The latest ROM version is also loaded.

Any ideas what might cause this auto switch???

Thanks in advance for coming back to this question

Posted : 11/12/2018 9:23 pm
Bad Mister

We can only venture a guess without actually testing the product... but here's something to try: see if you when you recall Full Grand, immediately enter [EDIT] mode, then see whether it ever switches... If not, then the physical button [3] may be shorting - this could be simply due to dust in the machine or a broken contact or something shorting the contact making it 'think' you pressed that button. Otherwise, it seems unlikely that it would switch to another Preset and particularly to #3 each time. We can eliminate the [INC/YES] button and have to think it is something with button #3.

While in [EDIT] pressing the [3] button will not switch the program... but either way, it might be time to take it into the "Authorized Service" location nearest you for a checkup and cleaning. Do not spray any liquids or cleaners into the unit - especially while plugged in. There are electronic-safe cleaners but make sure you power down and unplug. Since it is a MO it could be 13 years old - so it may just be it needs a thorough cleaning.

Posted : 11/12/2018 9:50 pm
Topic starter

Thanks for the above evaluation and the helpful tips. I came to the same result when thinkin it over. It is very likely, that the unit needs some cleaning, although most of the time it was covered by a protection foil when unused and it was rarely used in live performances. Anyway I will dig into the nearest service center and find ou what they will charge for a defect lookup and removal. I will put a note here, when I am done with the defect removal....

Posted : 12/12/2018 1:59 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us