Clear all

Global Stage by Blake on the YC88

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
david
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Let me listen to that again a few more times. Listen for sound dynamics. If he reproduced this exactly the same except using the Osmose as the controller it would sound 100% better talking about the dynamics. The YC88 is one sensor better than my YC73 but the instrument is defective keybed wise. You can watch it and see it maxing out dynamically as he hits rock bottom. It does almost nothing. Watch/listen for a dynamic range. I think I heard soft and hard and NOT 10 different variations including bold and forceful.

Posted : 26/08/2023 12:53 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

For reference:

https://www.yamahasynth.com/learn/global-stage/global-stage-blake-angelos

I listened to this on my phone and using the phone, the background and solo seemed off balance. The (right hand) EP sounded too forward to me. I didn't sense there was any issue getting soft non-bark to harder bark-full sounds.

The acoustic piano was better balanced but I would have preferred more acoustic - so an opposite impression vs. the EP.

Posted : 26/08/2023 1:40 am
Dragos
Eminent Member

[quotePost id=122927]Let me listen to that again a few more times. Listen for sound dynamics. If he reproduced this exactly the same except using the Osmose as the controller it would sound 100% better talking about the dynamics. [/quotePost]
Do post yourself playing and showing us

Posted : 26/08/2023 6:45 am
Reputable Member

So I read..." I used the Performance Pattern Sequencer to create each section of the song, made a Pattern Chain and moved that into Cubase with MONTAGE Connect. There I converted it all to audio and mixed it down."

Well, I will keep adding tracks in REAPER, selecting VSTs, adding scripts written by myself using AI to achive my goals and...and as easy as that.

So simple !!!!

I have crossed the 150 track mark, currently 155 being played simultaneously !!!!

Posted : 26/08/2023 7:51 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us