4 Users
0 Likes
david
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Instead of wasting this slider.

Posted : 05/06/2020 3:38 am
Bad Mister

If you have a suggestion, instead of wasting space here... please input it to IdeaScale, thanks.

https://yamahasynth.ideascale.com/

Posted : 05/06/2020 2:31 pm
david
Reputable Member
Topic starter

I have tried but when it is supposed to send a registration link it does not send one. Nothing is in spam folder either.

Posted : 05/06/2020 6:11 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Instead of wasting an opportunity help improve matters, I sent a message to Yamaha R&D to inform them of your issue.

... just trying to keep the theme going.

Posted : 05/06/2020 7:48 pm
david
Reputable Member
Topic starter

How is making a suggestion on an improvement wasting an opportunity? Or doing what was suggested on IdeaScale but it's faulty? That's completely counter-intuitive. Making an improvement or suggesting for one is taking advantage of an opportunity all day long. Unless of course Yamaha doesn't read anything on this forum related to suggestions. If their registration worked properly then I could move on over there.

Posted : 05/06/2020 8:36 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

I'm baffled by the occasional snarky comment in the face of improvement suggestions. So the "wasted opportunity" comment was directed at Yamaha - not you, David. I mean "wasting space" is heavy handed. I understand Ideascale is ideal for product improvement suggestions - but it's no waste of resources to enable discourse here about product features and perceived product misses. It's good suggestion to get those ideas up on ideascale. No need (Yamaha) to go negative.

To be perfectly clear - here's what something closer to utopia would look like:

David: writes his original message as-is, it was perfectly fine as first stated.

Yamaha Support: Thanks for the suggestion, this is good feedback. Just so you are aware, ideascale (link as provided) is the best channel for product suggestions. A team of engineers closer to product design monitors ideascale and is better equipped to implement suggestions than discussion here.
Notice: a lack of snark / judgement on quality of OP's contribution

David: I have tried signing into Ideascale but when it is supposed to send a registration link it does not send one. Nothing is in spam folder either.
Again, another perfectly fine message from David (as originally written).

Yamaha Support: Thanks for that feedback, I'm forwarding your issue to the ideascale team so they can take a look at our registration system.

Posted : 05/06/2020 8:44 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

David,

Recent feedback from the Ideascale team has informed me that there is no general issue signing up for Ideascale as new users are being added on a routine basis. The thought is perhaps the issue you were having has since been resolved. The R&D department is following up with me asking if your issue has been resolved. Let me know and I can pass on your update.

Also, apologies come from the R&D team regarding the lag time for response. Apparently my inquiry fell through the cracks until recently.

Posted : 09/07/2020 8:45 pm
Blake Angelos
Member Admin

Hi David,

Hopefully you got back from R&D regarding your Ideascale sign up.

We absolutely read messages on the forum. Ideascale allows us to separate support from product requests and is a much better platform for those. Apologies for the issues with sign up. Let me know if you got it resolved!

As for snark...apologies for that as well. I think the NYC tone sometimes comes off as snarky but I know that Bad Mister was not trying to insult anyone!

Posted : 09/07/2020 10:03 pm
david
Reputable Member
Topic starter

I tried it again today to my regular att. net address and searched the inbox but nothing there including the spam folder.

I resent for the contact again but no luck.

Next I registered under my gmx. com account and it worked fine. It does not like "@att.net" for some reason.

Above this message is what I tried to post several times and got "Sorry, but the system detected your content as spam".

I'll keep trying to reply.

Posted : 09/07/2020 11:38 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Thanks for the feedback, David. Note (and I just learned this recently) that direct support for Ideascale is:

support@ideascale.com

This communication channel may be useful for resolving these type of platform issues.

I've passed along your most recent feedback to R&D (since they asked for status) - but also think R&D is probably not the right resource for solving administrative things (while the support email is probably more directly involved with this sort of issue). Not dinging you - just being transparent that I'm trying to steer this away from the team involved with keyboard futures and into the IT support staff. And also letting you know that even though out of their purview - R&D is still interested and concerned that you are having a good experience with the platform they leverage to make decisions on futures. Fairly remarkable, really. And by that I mean kudos to Yamaha for going outside job descriptions to make sure the customer is placed first.

Posted : 10/07/2020 3:53 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us