Notifications
Clear all

Rotary Speaker Background noise

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi fellow YC-lovers 🙂

I have noticed that the background noise from the rotary speaker is present even when the organ section is turned OFF. I know I can switch this to OFF under SETTINGS, but that means I dont get the background noise at all.

I cant understand why the background noise is present when, lets say, I only have the KEY A turned ON and playing piano..?

It would be great to have to background noise, but only when i turn the Organ Section ON. When I turn the Organ Section OFF, I dont want to hear the noise.

Anyone have a solution for this?

Posted : 07/11/2022 4:04 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

When the speakers are rotating they make a background noise.

Certain Leslies have an optional stop feature too that will "brake" the drum and horn. In this mode the speaker wouldn't be rotating but still making some noise like speaker hum. So there's some chance of noise even when the rotating speaker isn't in motion.

You press and hold the [STOP] button to stop the speaker from rotating and maybe that would quiet it down.

I don't have a YC to tinker with here.

Posted : 07/11/2022 7:36 pm
Prominent Member

Please see the conversation about this at https://yamahasynth.ideascale.com/c/idea/288972 (and up-vote if you agree it would be beneficial for them to address this)

Posted : 08/11/2022 2:47 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us