Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Saving any changes to the YC directly (not the external flash drive)

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi,
Excuse my ignorance. In the YC series manual they talk about how to save changes to an external Flash Drive (page 25). But can I save my changes directly to my YC so that I do not need to load the changes from the external Flash Drive every time I turn on my YC88?

Thanks,

Vladimir

Posted : 11/10/2022 1:58 am
Topic starter

Thanks Bill,
But I am not talking about saving the Live Set data. I am talking about saving the Settings - which are global. The most anoying thing is that I need to change rotary type from "Classic" to the new "Studio" every time I turn on my keyboard. Which is the most annoying thing.
Vlad

Posted : 11/10/2022 10:25 am
Prominent Member

[quotePost id=118699]I am not talking about saving the Live Set data. I am talking about saving the Settings - which are global. [/quotePost]
The Settings are not global, they are specific to each Live Set. (See the first paragraph of page 42 in the manual.) The Menu items (invoked with the button to the right of the Settings button) are the ones that are global.

[quotePost id=118699]The most anoying thing is that I need to change rotary type from "Classic" to the new "Studio" every time I turn on my keyboard. Which is the most annoying thing.[/quotePost]
Remember that when you turn on the keyboard, you are playing Live Set 1-1 (the first Live Set in the first bank).

So next time you turn on the keyboard, after you change your rotary type from Classic to Studio, just hit Store and Enter, your change will be saved as part of the current Live Set (1-1). The Studio rotary type will then be the setting you will have every time you turn it on.

(You could also choose to put some other Live Set in location 1-1, or set the board up to boot into some other Live Set, and then that will determine the sounds and settings you will have when you first turn it on. But you are always playing in a Live Set.)

Posted : 11/10/2022 11:54 am
Topic starter

Thank you all!

Vladimir

Posted : 12/10/2022 6:16 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us