Clear all

Soundmondo

14 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
 Jim
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I've signed up for it and have opened it on Google Chrome. I have the YC61 connected to my computer...know it's connected as it's using the Steinberg soundcard and MIDI is working. Soundmondo says "Disconnected" at the top. Do I need to do something else to connect to it? Looking for a user manual to answer but am unable to find that as well...thanks.

Posted : 18/05/2020 12:52 pm
Bad Mister

I have the YC61 connected to my computer.

Directly via USB?

Posted : 18/05/2020 1:36 pm
 Jim
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Yep...tried to see if it's something in the Chrome setting but all appears normal there.

Posted : 18/05/2020 1:45 pm
Bad Mister

What does “I have the YC61 connected to my computer...know it's connected as it's using the Steinberg soundcard and MIDI is working.“.. mean, that makes it sound like you are not connected directly to the computer, but are connected to “the Steinberg soundcard”? ? ?

Posted : 18/05/2020 1:56 pm
 Jim
Eminent Member
Topic starter

In other words my VST's are working when controlled by the YC61 and the VST (computer) sounds are coming out the YC outputs so I know the YC61 and computer are connected and working properly for MIDI and audio.

Posted : 18/05/2020 2:07 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

... there's this: https://yamahasynth.com/synths/faqs

That said, the information about configuring Chrome is outdated (or perhaps Mac oriented - and I don't have a Mac).

Better information is here regarding the Chrome configuration:

https://www.yamahasynth.com/ask-a-question/soundmondo-issue#reply-95576

Posted : 18/05/2020 2:37 pm
 Jim
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thanks Jason...but did not work. I reset the Chrome MIDI setting, reload and it asks me to "allow" or "block". I hit "allow" but nothing happens. I'm on a Surface Pro running Windows 10...any firewall setting I might have that's a problem? I have the feeling it's a Chrome issue though...looks like we're at a dead end.

Posted : 18/05/2020 3:03 pm
 Jim
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Well...workaround...dug out an old iRig MIDI I've had in a drawer for 10 years, hooked up my iPhone using the Soundmondo App and it worked instantly. Still not sure what the computer issue is but at least I have a way to connect.

Posted : 18/05/2020 3:35 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Webmidi isn't trivial to get setup. This step allowing soundmondo is an early step.

I don't have a YC61 - so I can't walk through the later steps.

But given experience from MODX and Montage, I would make sure the YC61 driver name does not start with a number (like 1- or 2- or 3- ).

Then, also make sure to login to your Soundmondo account.

Posted : 18/05/2020 3:37 pm
 Jim
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thanks Jason...possible the driver is the issue. Yamaha hasn't posted the Windows driver yet for the YC so I used the one for the CP. It worked for the USB Audio/MIDI...perhaps it doesn't work for Soundmondo...I'm no tech guy though so not even sure if the driver gets involved in that process.

Posted : 18/05/2020 5:30 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

For Montage/MODX the Windows driver is very finicky and often requires uninstall and reinstall to get Soundmondo working. Can't speak to YC61. iOS has been more straight forward on many fronts. Glad that works for you. You're in for a bumpy ride if you want Windows to remain stable for you (even for products that have been "compatible" with the webMIDI Soundmondo for years).

Posted : 18/05/2020 8:09 pm

If you want to use it with your computer, you can verify if webmidi at least picks it up using this site: https://www.midimonitor.com/

You should see your device under "devices" and a lot of events should be coming through, especially when pressing keys.

If the midimonitor doesn't show, you could try either changing your midi configuration or uninstalling and reinstalling drivers

Posted : 21/05/2020 4:02 pm
 Jim
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thanks Gustavo...checked out monitor site and MIDI was working fine so I reloaded the driver and voila...Soundmondo worked! Appreciate the tips...

Posted : 22/05/2020 2:02 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

My bet is that your driver was reporting a dash number in front of your device name. Soundmondo doesn't deal with this. Reinstalling the driver is always the fix. The real fix should be to the javascript in Soundmondo to accept dash number device names.

The monitoring software doesn't have issue because it doesn't limit devices by a specific name and format like Soundmondo does - which is why Soundmondo breaks even though your setup can "pass" all other testing. Works in DAW. Works in WebMIDI testing. Works with other OS-side software released for the product.

If you plug your keyboard into a different USB port - or any other number of reasons why the driver name would change to a "dash number" name - you'll see this creep up again forcing you to fix by reinstalling the drivers. Or stick with iOS. Really only Soundmondo (Web) is affected. Everything else works fine with the driver dash numbers.

Posted : 22/05/2020 7:04 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us