Clear all

Transmit received pedal inputs from YC to iPad sound module

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Rob
Estimable Member
Topic starter

I have my expression and sustain pedals plugged into my MODX, which is connected to my YC via MIDI. Doing so, I have ONE expression pedal and ONE sustain pedal that control both instruments (responding to Receive SW On/Off on YC). I would like the same two pedals to also control expression and sustain on sound modules on the iPad that is connected to the YC (via USB to Host port).

Can the YC transmit pedal inputs that it receives from the MODX onto the iPad (acting as MIDI through)? If so, how can I achieve this?

If not, can I control the MODX, the YC and the iPad with a single expression/sustain pedal when using additional equipment (e.g. a MIDI controller and/or USB adapter)? If so, how?

Many thanks for your help!

Posted : 05/04/2024 12:25 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

From what I can tell you'd need (or, one solution would be) to connect both MODX and YC to the iPad and use USB routing to get the messages from MODX to both the iPad and YC.  I say this because it appears the YC cannot simultaneously have USB port 2 active while the ports are configured for MIDI mode so the MIDI data received by MIDI ports route to the YC's tone generator.   Keep in mind I'm not solid on this interpretation (and I don't have a YC). 

If you instead connect the iPad to the MODX then it should get the expression/sustain messages.  I'm not sure if this achieves any other goals you may have.

Posted : 05/04/2024 5:27 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us