Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Wet/Dry Mix for Delay on YC

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi. If this is an easy thing and i have overlooked it, i apologize in advance. I have been programming some sounds on my YC61 and wanted to get a nice delay sound on a Clavinet sound like Stevie Wonder uses but i can't seem to find anyway to control the level of the delay. I can control the Delay Time and the Feedback but not the wet/ dry mix. On the CP its very easy..
What am i missing here...
Thanks
P

Posted : 12/05/2023 9:00 am
Prominent Member

Don't have access to a YC but page 33 of the Owner's manual may help you.
https://usa.yamaha.com/files/download/other_assets/4/1311174/yc61_en_om_a0.pdf

It mentions a Tempo Delay that says:

Turn the [DEPTH] knob to adjust the feedback level

Wait for others to respond if that info doesn't help you.

You might also provide the actual delay effect you are trying to use.

Posted : 12/05/2023 5:23 pm
Topic starter

Hi. Thanks for the response. The depth knob controls the number of echoes. That's not the volume of the delay effect relative to the dry sound. This is the same for any of the delay models.
Again, thank you for the response.
P

Posted : 12/05/2023 8:50 pm
david
Reputable Member

I looked around the YC menu and even CK only has depth and rate but not a dedicated wet/dry mix. CK has a dedicated delay section still only shows depth and rate. I checked the FC foot controller options and did notice a level vs volume but not sure that's the effect mix. Volume is general voice volume. MIght be something you can suggest on ideascale. If they removed it from the CP someone decided it wasn't critical to have for whatever reason. That does sound like a more synth type option than stage board option but interesting that CP has it. I suppose you can trick the YC and select the same voice for both "A" & "B" and leave one normal and level up/down the other one to get a composite similar to that or pan one right and one left so you don't lose comparable volumes. I think Yamaha could add a menu option and even FC channel to level this if they wanted to.

Posted : 12/05/2023 10:26 pm
Topic starter

Hi. Thanks for the response and for confirming my findings. It's a big oversight IMHO, Especially since delay is such an important component to many synth, EP and Clav sounds.
P

Posted : 13/05/2023 9:20 am
david
Reputable Member

Does the CP have a dedicated mix knob or do you have to menu dive for it? Strange that it was important on the CP. I find is also strange that under Yamaha CP series the CP73 and CP88 aren't listed as a CP series instrument. Only the CP1 and CP4 & CP300 and CP40. Why aren't CP73 and 88 also a CP series instrument? Confusing. Anyway which one of those has the mix option? I see a "Speed" knob on the 73. When I read the manual "Rate" is also defined as speed. So "Speed" is Rate too?

Posted : 14/05/2023 12:56 am
 Phil

Yes, it's a victim of the one knob per function policy. It would be nice to have more control over this, even if it was a software option. A bit like the EG control function which changes what parameters are controlled by this knob.

Posted : 16/05/2023 7:51 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us