Notifications
Clear all

YC61 expression pedal

8 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
 Ken
Topic starter

I just received my YC61 and so far I'm very impressed. One thing that should be addressed is the expression pedal. When changing presets, the volume always jumps to full until the expression pedal is moved. It would be nice if the YC61 could 'read' the position of the expression pedal when a preset is changed and apply it to the new preset. Nord has this feature and it avoids unexpected jumps in volume when presets are changed. I suppose another approach would be to have presets save the pedal position when saving the other info. That way you could save with the expression pedal at half volume. Thanks for listening and I'm looking forward to watching this amazing keyboard evolve!

Posted : 08/07/2020 5:13 pm
Bad Mister

Thanks for the question.
Press [MENU] > “General“ > “MIDI Settings” > select “Controller Reset”
Change the setting to HOLD.
The Foot Controller will now be “live”

(Page 37 in the Owner’s Manual for more details)
Hope that helps.

Posted : 08/07/2020 6:28 pm
 Ken
Topic starter

Awesome - works perfectly! I should have know you guys would think of that. Thanks!

Posted : 10/07/2020 5:57 pm
paul
 paul

Thanks, that's very handy to know!

Best,

Paul

Posted : 27/07/2020 10:16 pm
 Ken
Topic starter

Another question about expression: I want to set up a layer with organ and piano but I want the expression pedal to affect only organ, not piano. I've scoured the manual and can't figure this out but it must be possible. Please help!

Posted : 02/08/2020 3:14 pm
 Jim
Eminent Member

[SETTINGS] [CONTROLLERS] [RECEIVE SW] [EXPRESSION] Organ - On; Keys 1 & 2 - Off Make sure when you turn Keys 1 and/or 2 off that you do it with the Expression pedal full on or else it will leave volume off on Keys 1 & 2. Best to save into new Live Set then.

Posted : 02/08/2020 3:51 pm
 Ken
Topic starter

Thank you!

Posted : 02/08/2020 4:24 pm
 Ken
Topic starter

This beast is a lot more powerful than I thought!

Posted : 02/08/2020 4:25 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us