Clear all

YC61 voices on Soundmondo, troubleshooting & help

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
david
Reputable Member
Topic starter

I'll admit I had not joined and thus taken advantage of this Yamaha Soundmondo service.

Yesterday I got it up and connected and I've posted plenty of custom voices under "David L" if anyone is interested.

It would not connect initially and I had to uninstall and reinstall the Steinberg driver several times and also if I relocated my USB (I have 3 ports on my laptop) in would stop working.

The videos & instruction are elementary on how to get connected however they do not talk about why it won't connect. They do mention using the latest Google Chrome browser.

I checked that and I was up to date and it still did nothing.

I kept thinking I was missing something and was going crazy. You're not missing anything except that it won't work until you tinker around with it and get the sequence of actions correct.

I think I might have also had to turn off the YC and back on again for recognition. Once it started working I didn't touch it again.

I did move the laptop connection USB to a different port and it stopped again. It's apparently specific to the port that it initially recognizes. Also, my laptop kept automatically assigning the YC to to a speaker option.

The nomenclature isn't exactly clear either. If you are connected it will indicate that automatically with a green filled circle.

I kept thinking and wanting to click the "SYNC" button which is logical but not how it works.

"SYNC" only becomes available to click after you browse and select a voice you want to load on your YC.

At first I didn't know what would happen here and where the voice would go.

If the browse voice you select is in slot 1-4 of the other owner's YC, it will load into your slot 1-4 but will not overwrite your existing voice.

If you want to keep it, you'll have to save it same as your own personal edits.

The option "Create" is deceptive because my voices have already been created and I just want to upload them. I'm not wanting to create anything here but I guess you can but remember to name it & save your work first.

"Create" is where you upload your voice to the site for others to listen to. You can describe the voice and classify it accordingly.

The name of your voice as it appears on your screen will automatically populate the respective field on the site.

Once you do it a few times it's obvious, but when you're working thru it initially you have no idea what it's doing or will do.

If you need with anything please let me know.

Thanks,
David

Posted : 13/06/2020 6:27 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us