Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

YC88?? Really Yamaha?!

17 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
Prominent Member

For someone who spends his time insulting Yamaha products all over the Piano world forums with his best friends Abdol and Doug; who for the record called this company a ''worthless disgrace that produces boards barely fit for the trash''. And also say you hold that opinion yourself.

Isn't it a bit laughable that you would then try and play apologist for them here? Go back to the insults 'Anotherscott'.

Am I mis-reading this, or are you mixing me up with someone else? I have a high regard for Yamaha (which doesn't mean I can't also sometimes be critical). I certainly don't share Abdol's opinions about them over at pianoworld, and have expressed that there as well. I've cetainly never said anything remotely like the phrase you put in quotations nor agreed with its sentiment.

Posted : 25/10/2021 2:36 pm

Dear experts. In my opinion the discussion about perfect organ sounds on the CP is not relevant. Weighted keys are not optimal for organ playing - it is a stage piano designed for piano and electric piano variations with som add on sounds for layering. If you really need organ buy a small used Numa, Hammond, Roland organ clone with draw bars and waterfall keys.
I love my CP88 but I think the organ sounds are poor on the CP88, and since internal memory will be the limiting factor in CP88 updates I would recommend to use theavailable memory for optimizing the piano sounds and delete the organ sounds in the future. CP88 will never be a good organ, do what you are good at and take out low quality sounds not intended for a piano.
I have never seen a pro band use CP88 for organ.......

Posted : 02/11/2021 8:51 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us